ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Trimm Headphones

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rod Clay
Technician
Technician
Rod Clay

Trimm Headphones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trimm Headphones   Trimm Headphones I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2022, 7:30 pm

A physics class I was once in had a huge war surplus horseshoe magnet that at one time had been part of a magnetron assembly. That would be handy to have to remagnetize headphones and magnetic speakers. I'll look into the super magnets. Thanks.
73, Rod  WB6FBF
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

Trimm Headphones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trimm Headphones   Trimm Headphones I_icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2021, 3:38 pm

I read in an old article that you can restore the magnetic field and make it stronger. Get one of these super strong magnets, like a while back kids were swallowing them and was panic time.
Just stroke the super magnet over the weak magnet in ONLY ONE DIRECTION.
Some of these super magnets are so small you may be able to just leave it attached to either pole or at the bottom of the the u shaped magnet (so experiment). They are available ON LINE. 

Hope this helps.

Technician
Technician
Rod Clay

Trimm Headphones Empty
PostSubject: Trimm Headphones   Trimm Headphones I_icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2021, 12:01 pm

I was looking for an extra set of high impedance magnetic headphones to use with a new Knight Kit Star Roamer receiver. I settled on a set from ACME Trimm mainly because it had a 1/4" plug attached. Well, let me say they are very cheaply made no doubt intended for a boy's first regenerative receiver. The pair I received suffered from very weak magnets. I guess I should have known better due to the unorthodox construction. They might have been good enough when new. I salvaged the cord and plug and junked the rest.
73, Rod
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trimm Headphones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trimm Headphones   Trimm Headphones I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trimm Headphones
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB :: Shortwave and Amateur Radio :: Boat Anchors, scanners and Shortwave Receivers-
Jump to: