ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Blue tooth

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
so-tingly
Member 25+ posts
Member 25+ posts

Blue tooth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue tooth   Blue tooth I_icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2023, 5:25 pm

Yes I have.
That's how I connected the Bluetooth through the phono jack using 3.5mm headphone plug.
I'm trying to connect the Bluetooth to the circuitry without using the phono selector. I want to connect a SPDT switch to change from radio to Bluetooth just like it would using a phono connector .
One video shows the technician installing it but he blocks the view. I saw the schematic and tried what he did with no luck. It doesn't seem to work on my Zenith. When I disconnect the cap from the 3rd tap of the volume pot, the signal still comes through.
I'm puzzled.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

Blue tooth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue tooth   Blue tooth I_icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2023, 3:42 pm

Have you tried this link?

https://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=344209

Member 25+ posts
Member 25+ posts

Blue tooth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue tooth   Blue tooth I_icon_minitimeSeptember 5th 2023, 7:03 pm

I am sending a signal from my phone to the blue tooth receiver to the radio.
I saw the video you mentioned and went with a RCA with a phono jack to experiment. I got that working fine. For me, that was super easy. 

I'm trying to incorporate the Bluetooth inside the Zenith per schematic. I've seen a couple videos that show a switch that goes from radio over to Blue tooth. 
One video shows the switch breaking the circuit of a capacitor from the volume pot then the Bluetooth takes over. The other video shows a bit more detail but technician stands in front of what he's doing. His schematic is relatively readable even by my understanding of schematics and that one shows ground and shielding to chassis ground.
I cannot fathom how to incorporate the audio jack into the circuit. The other video shows relatively the same as the other. It just seems a bit to easy.
I am using an earphone jack to connect the Bluetooth to the radio.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

Blue tooth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue tooth   Blue tooth I_icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2023, 7:13 pm

Ive never worked with blue tooth.
The schematic has to have more connections and that you will attach your wiring to.
You have a resistor there but no further connections to  ?.

Are you sending the radio audio over the blue tooth?

The jack should be the same as the earphone jacks used on old transistor radios Normally on connection to transformers speakers secondary by inserting the wiring in series. 

or using the radio to recieve blue tooth signals.?
If you want the bluetooth  to send audio then You make sure to add a capacitor to prevent any DC voltage

from damageing the blue tooth. here is instructions from another forum I belong to.
https://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=344209

Member 25+ posts
Member 25+ posts

Blue tooth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue tooth   Blue tooth I_icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2023, 7:38 am

Blue tooth 20230910
This is best I can do for the schematic.
On my first post I showed a bad drawing. 
As can be seen here is a bad schematic.
As far as the third wire, if I am to use the radio I will need to use the amplifier section? 12AT6 pin 5or6?
I will be using a SPDT switch and a female audio jack.
Ideas?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
so-tingly
Member 25+ posts
Member 25+ posts

Blue tooth Empty
PostSubject: Blue tooth   Blue tooth I_icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2023, 1:34 am

Blue tooth Bt_211
I want to add Blue tooth to my tube radio.
According to some videos I've seen, the Blue tooth ca be added to the amplify section of the radio.
The crude drawing shows what I think has to be done for connection. Unfortunately I am having a major brain fart where to put the connection shown with the "?" mark.
Any help , if possible, will be appreciated 
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blue tooth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue tooth   Blue tooth I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blue tooth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB :: Radio Repair Bench :: Radios -Tube type-
Jump to: