ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Removal of Philips B4X23A/74 Chassis from Radio Cabinet

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dighistory
Beginning Member

Removal of Philips B4X23A/74 Chassis from Radio Cabinet Empty
PostSubject: Removal of Philips B4X23A/74 Chassis from Radio Cabinet   Removal of Philips B4X23A/74 Chassis from Radio Cabinet I_icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2023, 7:04 pm

Seeking advice on the proper way to remove a chassis from the Philips B4X23A/74 tube radio. I know that it unbolts from the bottom but don't know whether the speakers have to be removed as part of this process. What other parts have to be carefully disconnected? Also would like to receive any cautionary advice about the removal of the glass station panel to avoid scratching or breaking it. On this particular radio there are two small nuts on the upper portion of the glass which apparently need to be removed as part of this removal process. The back of the glass screen needs to be cleaned. What cleaning solution should be used for this process to avoid damaging the imprinted wording/numerals etc.? I need access to the chassis to clean it as well as to make a repair to the dial tuning cord. I am a complete novice and am looking for a source that can tend to the dial tuning cord repair and needle calibration. I live in southeastern Alabama not far from Phenix City, Alabama and Columbus, Georgia.

Thanks in advance for any assisance offered.
Back to top Go down

Removal of Philips B4X23A/74 Chassis from Radio Cabinet
Page 1 of 1