ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Service data info needed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FrankB
FrankB

Service data info needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Service data info needed   Service data info needed I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2019, 6:35 pm

Back6

Even after 55+ years of repairing radios, I still learn new stuff. It is an ongoing educational process.

On tracing out schematics:
 I found that using multiple color fine point highlighters or colored pencils  and making several copies of the same schematic can help. Sometimes blowing them up really big or having another set of eyes helps.

Some schematics are really poor, and let's not even No go into the OEM & Sams' misprints....Shudder.....  Not to mention the "Undocumented production changes".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Service data info needed   Service data info needed I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2019, 8:42 pm

Thanks FrankB.  I have been restoring radios for some time now, but far from an expert.  Learning this is an on going process. I am having trouble with the schematic. Sometimes when I spend a lot of time on problems I get lost. You did have a little more info than I had. I'm thankful for your help! I should be able to figure it out with a little more patience.
Back to top Go down
FrankB
FrankB

PostSubject: Re: Service data info needed   Service data info needed I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2019, 6:09 pm

Copain,
 I have had poor luck with getting Grundig  svc data.

Grundig USA sends me to Grundig Europe, and Grundig Europe sends me back to Grundig USA.
 I have a Yacht Boy with terrible CPU noise in it.  Grundig never would assist me other than the 360 circle of "Not us, go there, no go back to there.".
Back to top Go down
FrankB
FrankB

PostSubject: Re: Service data info needed   Service data info needed I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2019, 6:00 pm

Back6-
Nostalgia Air
 http://www.nostalgiaair.org/Resources/634/M0017634.htm
 Has your schematic for free online.

It is also in Vol XI of Riders Radio Manuals.

Silvertone/ Sears is one of the few brands I have little to no service data on other than Beitmans, Riders and Sams.
It is not listed in Sams. or Beitmans.
 Sears naver made radios themselves, from what I remember, and often their products were the same as many brand names, but with some "proprietary" odd part added you could only get from Sears.
 Many times a major mfgr's schematics of the same time period will be exactly the same set, with small differences.
Hope this helps.

If you do an online search, you can find the exact same data I just did.
 If you are new at repair, welcome, and we will try to help you as best as we can. You didn't post your level of experience, so we may use terms and such you are not familiar with. 

The only stupid questions are the one you are afraid to ask.
 Members here don't put others down because they are new at the game. (As a Moderator, I can & will delete that sort of posting and can perma-block the posters who don't show respect to others).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Service data info needed   Service data info needed I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2019, 4:08 pm

I need wiring info for a radio/phono switch on a 1941 Silvertone model 7054 chassis 110.426.  The switch is located under the tone arm above the chassis. Having trouble identifying which terminal is which.  Any help would be deeply appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Service data info needed   Service data info needed I_icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 11:31 pm

I to got the same results for a Grundig Classic 960 Anniversary Edition a couple of years ago. If I could find a bad unit then I would do some replacement of parts. But that would cost even more than their worth. Sigh!

FrankB

PostSubject: Re: Service data info needed   Service data info needed I_icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 11:26 pm

OK - Here is the skinny from my own personal experience.

Grundig USA is "supposed" to have schematics available for all of the radios Grundig produced.
I have contacted them for a recent production radio & they referred me to the parent company. Who in turn said they didn't have it and referred me back to Grundig USA. Suspect No :evil:
Catch 22. Sigh...............

In the past their support was extraordinary. Guess they have gone the way of the offshore dumpers. Sad
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Service data info needed   Service data info needed I_icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2012, 12:03 pm

That's kinda a tough one, You may have to go to some of the European radio collectors to get those, I have a Solid-state one and have had no luck (because it was made in China). There are Importers that may help. RadioMuseum has a big following from Europe, you have to join in order to get schematics and materials on Grundig

I will Post there link shortly. You can either pay to Join or contribute pictures and schematics etc.
OK here it is:

>CLICK HERE<

PostSubject: Service data info needed   Service data info needed I_icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2012, 6:51 am

Can anyone tell me where I can obtain Grundig (U.S.A.) service data? Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Service data info needed   Service data info needed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Service data info needed
Page 1 of 1