ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

only one strong channel on fm

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wildcat445
Technician
Technician
wildcat445

only one strong channel on fm  Empty
PostSubject: Re: only one strong channel on fm    only one strong channel on fm  I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2024, 6:11 pm

Do you have a schematic?  Have you tested and/or subbed the tubes?  Have you checked element voltages?  Have you recapped the chassis or done other restoration work?  What kind of antenna are you using?  Maybe you need a better antenna.  We could use more information to be able to help in more detail.

Visit us at "classichificare.com"
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: only one strong channel on fm    only one strong channel on fm  I_icon_minitimeApril 10th 2024, 4:31 pm

Details of the radio needed
work your way back from the audio section with a signal tracer.
Look for bad soldering, old solder joint, broken trace or wire. Put a transistor radio alongside and have both units playing. Then slowly tune the frequency of the transistor radio from one end to the other end. If you don't get a squeal in the other set, you may need to inspect the oscillator/mixer section. Possibly bad RF or IF can with coil winding disturbed.

Most likely an RF section that needs to be tested.

Beginning Member

PostSubject: only one strong channel on fm    only one strong channel on fm  I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2024, 6:37 am

FM RECEPTION IS VERY LOW ONLY THE CLOSEST STRONG STATION AT 102  COMES IN, RECAPED AND TUBES TESTED, AM CHANNELS ARE THERE BUT VER WEAK NO GAIN.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: only one strong channel on fm    only one strong channel on fm  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

only one strong channel on fm
Page 1 of 1