ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Where it goes?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
so-tingly
Member 25+ posts
Member 25+ posts

Where it goes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where it goes?   Where it goes? I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 9:41 am

Hi Dale
Sorry for not getting back to you soon enough.
Lots of stuff going on.
I appreciate your offer... Thank you.
I also appreciate the scanned images from the Radio Museum. It must have taken many grueling hours to do so.
I keep forgetting Riders Manuals. Beitmans doesn't list it.
Again ... Thanks
Back to top Go down
Dale H. Cook
Junior Member 50+ Posts
Junior Member 50+ Posts
Dale H. Cook

Where it goes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where it goes?   Where it goes? I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:23 am

so-tingly wrote:
Also.... the schematic is horribly blotchy and mostly unreadable and I can't find another one anywhere. I tried Beitmans with no luck.

Many schematics found online are poor scans. Those doing the scanning apparently preferred quantity and not quality.

Many of us old-timers have Rider, Beitman, and manufacturers' manuals in print - when we started collecting there was no "online." I have all of the Rider volumes in print through WWII (I own only 3 post-war radios). I am very busy at the moment with work and other commitments. When I have a chance I will scan the Rider pages for you.

so-tingly
Member 25+ posts
Member 25+ posts

Where it goes? Empty
PostSubject: Where it goes?   Where it goes? I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 5:27 am

Where it goes? Smallr11
Hello

I have a Crosley 134-1 grandfather clock radio. 1932

I was going through it only to find the capacitor that's on the output "center tap" of the volume control was just floating there. 

The soldered end on the center tap was broken and the other end wasn't attached to anything.

The closest solder point is a ground lug.

I looked at the schematic to find looks to be to ground but that doesn't make sense.

Then following the schematic it seems to go to a variable cap and a transformer to tube #24. The remaining wire is not long enough to reach anywhere else and I can't find the other end "if any" broken wire.

I haven't a clue to where it's supposed to go.

Ideas???

Thanks

Also.... the schematic is horribly blotchy and mostly unreadable and I can't find another one anywhere.
I tried Beitmans with no luck.

Again... thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Where it goes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where it goes?   Where it goes? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where it goes?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB :: Radio Repair Bench :: Radios -Tube type-
Jump to: