ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

LM3820 chip..........

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FrankB
FrankB

LM3820 chip.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: LM3820 chip..........   LM3820 chip.......... I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2014, 5:25 pm

Most car radios excepting the very early ones (tuning capacitors) used inductive tuning until the ETR's (Electronic Tuned Radios) came out. I worked on mass Delco products for years. THey had good inductive tuners, but be sure to check the tuning coils for continuity. IIRC the OSC or ant coils would open. Typically an ez to find broken wire to the terminal lug.
Back to top Go down
ve1arn
ve1arn

PostSubject: Re: LM3820 chip..........   LM3820 chip.......... I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2014, 3:40 am

Frank........... I have a couple of older car radios that a chap gave me a few years ago. From the looks of them, they weren't kept in a dry spot for sure. I must check the innards and see what I can salvage.

I actually never thought of these radios till your message.  Rolling Eyes  Now, I know I need to dig them out and see what I had and forgot about.
Back to top Go down
FrankB
FrankB

PostSubject: Re: LM3820 chip..........   LM3820 chip.......... I_icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2014, 5:45 pm

I have not tried that chip, but have a few ZN414's that I want to do something with when I get time.

Why not get the inductive tuner out of an old car or table radio and go for it? (Yes folks, they DID make table radios with inductive tuners in them. Pretty few & far inbetween around here, but IIRC I do have one).
Back to top Go down
ve1arn
ve1arn

PostSubject: LM3820 chip..........   LM3820 chip.......... I_icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2014, 5:30 pm

Hi all,

Posted this on another group a few years ago, and thought I would try here in the new solid state forum and see what results I get.

Just wondering if anyone has played around with these National AM radios on a chip? I bought some from BG Micro. They had them for a tube of 25 for $3.00. 12 cents each. The pdf on it said it was used mainly for slug tuned automobile radios.

If I ever get my room in order in the man cave, I hope to play with them a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LM3820 chip..........   LM3820 chip.......... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LM3820 chip..........
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB :: Radio Repair Bench :: Radio parts, Tools, and supplies. :: Solid State Devices (Transistors, I.C.s ect.) :: I.C.s-
Jump to: