ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Radiospotting Thread (Film,Video, Other Media)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

Radiospotting Thread (Film,Video, Other Media) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiospotting Thread (Film,Video, Other Media)   Radiospotting Thread (Film,Video, Other Media) I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2018, 8:41 pm

Rod Clay wrote:
Don't forget the AM Broadcast Band radio that was an important part of Gilligan's Island for 3 seasons. It managed to receive local broadcasts while supposedly hundreds of mile away from civilization during the day time!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Technician
Technician
19&41

PostSubject: Re: Radiospotting Thread (Film,Video, Other Media)   Radiospotting Thread (Film,Video, Other Media) I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2018, 3:12 pm

Went through about 300 pics to try to ID Opie's radio.  Maybe someone with a collectors guide could get it.

Rod Clay
Technician
Technician
Rod Clay

PostSubject: Re: Radiospotting Thread (Film,Video, Other Media)   Radiospotting Thread (Film,Video, Other Media) I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2018, 1:10 pm

Don't forget the AM Broadcast Band radio that was an important part of Gilligan's Island for 3 seasons. It managed to receive local broadcasts while supposedly hundreds of mile away from civilization during the day time!
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Radiospotting Thread (Film,Video, Other Media)   Radiospotting Thread (Film,Video, Other Media) I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2018, 10:07 am

19&41 posted a Picture with a Sparton Bluebird Glass radio. Those can fetch any where from $2,000 to $5,000 if you can find them. Very Collectable.

Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Radiospotting Thread (Film,Video, Other Media)   Radiospotting Thread (Film,Video, Other Media) I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2018, 9:32 am

Heres one I ran across on our local Reminisce TV. Can any one identify this radio Opie has in In His Hand?

Technician
Technician
19&41

PostSubject: Re: Radiospotting Thread (Film,Video, Other Media)   Radiospotting Thread (Film,Video, Other Media) I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2018, 6:31 am

I was watching Born To Dance on TCM today and in one scene just happened to notice a unit hiding in plain sight.

19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

PostSubject: Re: Radiospotting Thread (Film,Video, Other Media)   Radiospotting Thread (Film,Video, Other Media) I_icon_minitimeJune 7th 2018, 3:02 pm

I was watching the film To The Shores Of Tripoli on Youtube.  in the last 10 minutes, there is a nice close up of a Motorola 1A5 battery "lunch box" radio, delivering the news about Pearl Harbor.

Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Radiospotting Thread (Film,Video, Other Media)   Radiospotting Thread (Film,Video, Other Media) I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2017, 8:28 am

I am not knowledgable enough to recognize brands and models on old TV movies. But I always am attuned (yuk, yuk) to looking for the radios used.
I did notice the Mash series, had a radio, and transmitter in the office, In a number of clips.

PS. YouTube has several hundreds of radios being played, (boring), but tutorials are another matter. Very instructional on repairing of said radios.

Technician
Technician
wildcat445

PostSubject: Re: Radiospotting Thread (Film,Video, Other Media)   Radiospotting Thread (Film,Video, Other Media) I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2017, 7:43 pm

There is a Concert Grand used as a prop occasionally on Perry Mason.  One of the early mono instruments.

Visit us at "classichificare.com"
Back to top Go down
19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

PostSubject: Radiospotting Thread (Film,Video, Other Media)   Radiospotting Thread (Film,Video, Other Media) I_icon_minitimeJune 1st 2017, 11:20 am

See an old radio in a film, TV episode or a Youtube film?  Share the Find.  I'll start with a Zenith solid state Trans-Oceanic panned in about .5 second on top of a bookshelf in Jeff Spencer's office in a 1961 episode of 77 Sunset Strip.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiospotting Thread (Film,Video, Other Media)   Radiospotting Thread (Film,Video, Other Media) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiospotting Thread (Film,Video, Other Media)
Page 1 of 1