ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  FAQFAQ  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  
Can't Log In?: 1st. thing is to clean out your cookies. if that doesn't work , click on Contact field.
(registration and/or Login Help ONLY) For other questions go to our FAQs link above.

Share | 

The Agony of De Feet

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrankB

PostSubject: The Agony of De Feet   June 22nd 2018, 11:59 pm

I just noticed that the local Dollar Store is carrying a great assortment of stick on foam, cork, felt, and plastic feet.
Not OEM, but for a HB project they should be FB.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The Agony of De Feet   June 23rd 2018, 12:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I just noticed that the local Dollar Store is carrying a great assortment of stick on foam, cork, felt, and plastic feet.
Not OEM, but for a HB project they should be FB.
What are HB and FB????

PostSubject: Re: The Agony of De Feet   June 23rd 2018, 10:28 pm

HB= Home Brew
FB = Ham jargon for Fine Business. Means great, Shiny, good.
Back to top Go down
chas
Junior Member 50+ Posts
Junior Member 50+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: The Agony of De Feet   June 25th 2018, 8:02 am

Frank!

Thanks for the heads-up about the Dollar Stores and similar... I get my Sunbeam "D" & "C" cells there. How the heck can you go wrong. Three "D" cells for a dollar! I'm contemplating building a mock Sunbeam "B" battery. Rework the graphics to cover the container. Outside of the labor and some paper bits, $10 for a full size "B" is a bargain!

Sometimes in the same shopping mall is a Johanna Fabrics, another good resource for "better then nothing" grille cloth and other notions for build and repair.

Many years ago when Radio-Shack began their conversion away from the electronics hobbyist. I would take simple browsing tours of various chain and mom & pop hardware stores. Sort of taking mental inventory... I have found useful hardware and electrical parts suitable for experiments is such stores... In "older" cities, where urban renewal has not bulldozed neighborhood such hardware stores will have forgotten inventory in the back corner. Things like reels of rayon covered power cord, brass screws and fittings ALL made in America!..

I still dream of dropping into one of these with a second and third floor of forgotten merchandise and find a cashe of early radio parts. In truth, that has actually happened but that was when I was a teenager in the 60's. An entire window front full of boxed Atwater-Kent parts, tubes, mostly v-99's. I left most of it there I had little knowledge of what it was, not five years later I knew exactly what it was. Urban renewal was catching up to the store and they had a clear-out. Some west coast collector bought the entire storefront Sad

There are still several 70+ year old hardware stores in a nearby cities. Many with those forgotten 2nd and third floors...

Chas
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Agony of De Feet   

Back to top Go down

The Agony of De Feet
Page 1 of 1