ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Do you need a real copy of MS-Office?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ve1arn
ve1arn

Do you need a real copy of MS-Office? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you need a real copy of MS-Office?   Do you need a real copy of MS-Office? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2018, 4:29 pm

Mine is working OK without doing the uninstall of the 2007 version. However, I saw a couple of reviews of the company we got it from. There are a few unhappy folks who bough it, so I am gonna keep a close eye on them just in case. For one thing, I see that I am not the licensee of it. It is licensed to someone named 'tum0r'.

I'm gonna see if I can change that in the registry. I paid for this, regardless of the amount, so as far as I am concerned, it's my license. If not, maybe a chat with Microsoft will explain things. Smile
Back to top Go down
MEZLAW
Technician
Technician
MEZLAW

PostSubject: Re: Do you need a real copy of MS-Office?   Do you need a real copy of MS-Office? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2018, 3:10 pm

What I'm trying to accomplish first is to Just remove the (2015_03_02_03_57_32 UTC) from ALL MY Different FILES and leave the original file name that precedes the aforementioned   (2015_03_02_03_57_32 UTC).

OK....now I see, my method will not work.  I thought you had the same files with different extensions. You're trying to remove a portion of the file name itself.
Back to top Go down
MEZLAW
Technician
Technician
MEZLAW

PostSubject: Re: Do you need a real copy of MS-Office?   Do you need a real copy of MS-Office? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2018, 3:04 pm

In the instructions it states to remove any earlier version of office first.

I had an extra PC to experiment with, which was already running MS-Office 2007,  so I did the install (without removing 2007) to see if it would upgrade.  It installed the new version independent of the old and both will work.  This was on Win 7 Pro 64 bit.
Back to top Go down
ve1arn
ve1arn

PostSubject: Re: Do you need a real copy of MS-Office?   Do you need a real copy of MS-Office? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2018, 2:13 pm

Is it safe to uninstall the older version of Office first? Or does it install it in another folder?

Thanks for the tip as well. I just bought it at the great price.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Do you need a real copy of MS-Office?   Do you need a real copy of MS-Office? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2018, 12:47 pm

I would like to use similar to  find and replace like the ones used in Notebook, Word, etc.

Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Do you need a real copy of MS-Office?   Do you need a real copy of MS-Office? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2018, 12:44 pm

"
What I'm trying to accomplish first is to Just remove the (2015_03_02_03_57_32 UTC) from ALL MY Different FILES and leave the original file name that precedes the aforementioned   (2015_03_02_03_57_32 UTC).

Also, I would like to add a word or phrase to selected files. 

Examples: 
Old filename = " Connie1.jpg" & "Connie 2.jpg" & "Clifford's first car.jpg" & "Aunt Elvas Home.jpg"

New fileName = "Jones Family Group-.jpg" added to each selected file. 

So they would be changed to:

"Jones Family Group-" to "Jones Family Group - Connie1.jpg" 

and also "Jones Family Group -Connie 2.jpg"

and also  "Jones Family Group - Clifford's first car.jpg" 

plus "Jones Family Group - Aunt Elvas Home.jpg"

All at once - rather than each one tediously done one at a time.
I did watch a video on using the CMD prompt.

it instructs to do the following:
Shift Key and the right click on the mouse and then type in Powershell
then
it would show
PS V:
Then type in 
TEST> get- child-item - recurse | rename - item - newname { $_ . name - replace "_", "   " } ENTER

This was to remove all underscore characters   "_"   with a blank space "  "  in its place.

Previously I followed some instructions that were posted on the internet in a video by changing the registry and suffered the consequences of crashing my computer. So I do not know whether that will work or not and should I take the Chance?

Technician
Technician
MEZLAW

PostSubject: Re: Do you need a real copy of MS-Office?   Do you need a real copy of MS-Office? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2018, 11:17 am

If they are in more than one diectory, you can use del del *.xlsx /s from the root directory of c:\ 
Back to top Go down
MEZLAW
Technician
Technician
MEZLAW

PostSubject: Re: Do you need a real copy of MS-Office?   Do you need a real copy of MS-Office? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2018, 11:12 am

If you go to the DOS level and get in the directory where the files are, you can use the del *.xlsx to remove all the ones with the extension xlsx.  You can then do the same thing for the next group you don't want.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Do you need a real copy of MS-Office?   Do you need a real copy of MS-Office? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2018, 10:41 am

One thing I Like about Excel is there is an option to convert the older spreadsheets. Not that's that important but otherwise, it opens them in the compatible mode. My files are MS Office 97 and 2007.

Somehow on my computer, I found that I have a lot of files with this in the file name =file name followed by this (2015_03_02_03_57_32 UTC).xlsx or.DOC or even.JPG. I hadn't noticed those before, but after about a month I started to remove that numbering part of the files by doing a rename and that was the easy part. I would just do a rename on each file in turn when the file name was highlighted in blue then position my cursor just before the first parenthesis then, do a click and drag the cursor over just the indicated portion and do a delete. 

I have a lot of them to go through (probably 500 to a thousand or more) I just wish there was a way to just eliminate them all and still keep the original file names intact in one fell swoop. Kind of like Notepad. A find and replace function but I haven't run across that in windows explorer.

I tried doing a rename on some other files that were audio files and it was to remove a "00" in front of the MP3 file names. BIG MISTAKE as it made all the music files the same name (AAARRRGGGG!!!) so I couldn't even play any of them. Fortunately, I had a backup on another external drive that saved the day.

Anyway, I went to my Pictures folder and also found jpg files that only had numbers as the file names so I clicked on one and it was a screenshot of multiple family portraits. They are also in the thousands. But at that time seeing those I then realized those were all files that my sister had.
And they were all Her backup files, not mine.
So now I have to go through and sort and rename them ALL. 

So the files with the (parenthesis) also Were all Her Backup files. 
But getting back to the original topic of Microsoft Office They have done a really nice package but I see there are a lot of complaints on forums on compatibility with older versions, but I think, like me, they don't research the Help files for answers.

I am happy as a duck in water. Very Happy 🤡 cheers drunken study

Technician
Technician
MEZLAW

PostSubject: Re: Do you need a real copy of MS-Office?   Do you need a real copy of MS-Office? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2018, 6:39 am

I've also downloaded and have used the word program.  I like some of the improvments.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Do you need a real copy of MS-Office?   Do you need a real copy of MS-Office? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2018, 10:09 am

I decided to download it. I have Office 97, 2007 also. I don't know if Office 2016 will recognize my older file formats earlier than 2013 and the other way around also, so I am keeping all installed just in-case there are issues.

Thanks for the heads up
Note: There was a deadline of just over 1 hour 1/2 to get the discount offer. When I bought it.

Technician
Technician
MEZLAW

PostSubject: Do you need a real copy of MS-Office?   Do you need a real copy of MS-Office? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2018, 5:21 am

MS-Office Pro 2016 on sale;

MS-Office 2016
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you need a real copy of MS-Office?   Do you need a real copy of MS-Office? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you need a real copy of MS-Office?
Page 1 of 1