ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

6E5S, 6E5C Russian Tuning-Eye Tubes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rod Clay
Technician
Technician
Rod Clay

6E5S, 6E5C Russian Tuning-Eye Tubes Empty
PostSubject: USSR Surplus Tubes as substitute for 6E5, 1629   6E5S, 6E5C Russian Tuning-Eye Tubes I_icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2019, 4:18 pm

An update:
I gave the Soviet 6E5S tubes (6V heaters & octal based) a try in one of my Eico 950A capacitor checkers. It was easy to get it working but if you want to try any of these tubes keep in mind the fact that the manufacturers used rather thick bases on the glass tubes so they won't fit easily into the usual clamp type eye tube holders. Also, stick to buying "new" unused tubes only as the used ones I bought, while "tested and working", were not bright enough to use.
73, Rod  WB6FBF
Back to top Go down
Dan Walker
Senior Member 75+ Posts
Senior Member 75+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: 6E5S, 6E5C Russian Tuning-Eye Tubes   6E5S, 6E5C Russian Tuning-Eye Tubes I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2018, 8:02 am

The 1629 eye tube needs 12 volts on the filament, so you would have to use a voltage doubler.
     I do not know if there are  other changes you might have to do.
 Dan in Calgary.
Back to top Go down
Rod Clay
Technician
Technician
Rod Clay

PostSubject: 6E5S, 6E5C Russian Tuning-Eye Tubes   6E5S, 6E5C Russian Tuning-Eye Tubes I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2018, 4:04 pm

I am looking into buying some of the Russian/Eastern Europe made 6E5S tubes to try as a replacement for 1629 tubes in the various vintage capacitor checkers. Anyone have experience using these tubes? I think they might work with just a jumper at the tube socket from pin 4 to pin 6 and a slight rearrangement of the filament circuit. Any thoughts?
73, Rod  N4QNX
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6E5S, 6E5C Russian Tuning-Eye Tubes   6E5S, 6E5C Russian Tuning-Eye Tubes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6E5S, 6E5C Russian Tuning-Eye Tubes
Page 1 of 1