ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Found a way to print file list

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

Found a way to print file list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Found a way to print file list   Found a way to print file list I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2019, 1:40 pm

While I have Snap2HTML up and running I can also do a search on the computer by copying the name of a specific folder file and by opening FILE EXPLORER and placing that file name into the upper right hand corner search box. Super fast,

rather than have File explorer search through all possible file names which can be quite lengthy as far as time.

Once Explorer has found the file you can do a cut and paste of that file to another folder. In you computer file system.

It has a lot of advantages over screen copies.

I also Have a FREE file program [b]Duplicates Cleaner[/b] that I can use as a separate tool.

I use a 2nd drive of 2 gigabytes for my internal main storage drive and attach another external drive that automatically does a backup.
My primary drive is a Solid State Drive which has only 119 Gigabytes and both externals are 1 Tera bytes each.

Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Found a way to print file list   Found a way to print file list I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2019, 1:30 pm

Screen copy can only capture what's on the screen as a graphic.
But Snap2HTML can work like HTML. It collects all the files and even show the folder Icons. If you click on the folder it shows all files (you can be specific in the search function as to file type, PDF, GIF, or EXE and on and on).

Once the file names are displayed you can do a click and drag of the TEXT or copy all then paste in Word, Excel, Notepad or other document programs such as LibreOffice types.

It can be several pages that you can paste at once.

I found out I have over 7,000 files that I need to rearrange. Such as do I put this in my Math Formulas folder? Or Fundamental folder or Engineering notes folder. I have several folders Just for Schematics, Test equipment and also sub-folders of test equipment documents.
A visual path makes sorting a lot easier because you don't have to back track through other files. It's all there in printed form and that's a lot easier then going back through several folders on screen. It's a printed Map.
study

Last edited by Cliff Jones on March 30th 2019, 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chas
Technician
Technician
chas

PostSubject: Re: Found a way to print file list   Found a way to print file list I_icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2019, 12:24 pm

Why not print the results of a file explorer list using a screen snapshot. Or, does the list need to be in text, not an image file?

Chas
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Found a way to print file list   Found a way to print file list I_icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2019, 5:16 pm

The program is called snap2HTML
You designate which drive you want search along with its sub-folder(s)
You can export file names to a document such as notepad or word along with EXCEL.
when I finish this project it will be a lot easier to find what file Im looking for.

The program itself has a search feature, so you can use it to find just PDF files like this example:( *.PDF)

Every time I used file explorer I could also do the same thing, but never print out the desired list.

So now I can look at my new list that shows the folder even.

PostSubject: Re: Found a way to print file list   Found a way to print file list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Found a way to print file list
Page 1 of 1