ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Vibrator from **** G5 super glued together

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FrankB
FrankB

Vibrator from **** G5 super glued together Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vibrator from **** G5 super glued together   Vibrator from **** G5 super glued together I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2019, 5:39 pm

The "Blue Funk" floated in the air for a long time, and my chiropractor had a few choice ones to add about super gluing knobs and adaptors on.
 I honestly expected to gash my hand open prying anyway I could to get it opened up.
 But no blood from that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Vibrator from **** G5 super glued together   Vibrator from **** G5 super glued together I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2019, 9:00 am

ve1arn wrote:
And..... by how many words did your vocabulary increase? Very Happy Very Happy 

It's always the jobs that should be simple, ain't it?
That's Great FRANKB! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

veLarn- lol! lol! lol!

ve1arn

PostSubject: Re: Vibrator from **** G5 super glued together   Vibrator from **** G5 super glued together I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2019, 7:44 am

And..... by how many words did your vocabulary increase? Very Happy Very Happy 

It's always the jobs that should be simple, ain't it?
Back to top Go down
FrankB
FrankB

PostSubject: Vibrator from **** G5 super glued together   Vibrator from **** G5 super glued together I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2019, 3:21 pm

My chiropractor asked me to repair his big G5 industrial massage vibrator he uses every day on his patients.
 Power cord was internally broken. EZ fix right? Sure.......
 (I should add this is the external power pack version. The other style G5 I have repaired uses no external power pack).

Whoever worked on it last shouldda been hung by their thumbs and slowly roasted over a hot soldering iron. :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

1-They super glued the control knob on.

2. They super glued the thread adaptor for the head into the casing. ( You can't open the casing without unscrewing the head and the adaptor. It needed a pin wrench to unscrew the adaptor, but since it was glued, no way.) Thread adaptor is made out of very soft ABS plastic also. 

3. They also glued the strain relief into the housing and to the power cord.

We cut out the adaptor area over the screws with a hand held hobby tool. (The job was so well done that the head would screw back on with no problem. No galled threads!).

Now I could remove the 2 screws holding the casing together. 
(One had been tightened so tight it had stripped out.)

Then I broke the internal sealant of RTV to get the casing halves apart. Very difficult to do without breaking the casings.

In order to access the spade female conn. for the power cord, the knob and circuit board needed removal. Now since the knob was securely glued on, that was not possible without demolishing the double sided circuit board.

I managed, with fine nose pliers and a screwdriver, to slide off the female spade conn. around the edge of the board and get them out.

Then I had the "fun" job of trying to disassemble the strain relief. 

Finally managed to slide a thin screwdriver down it enough I could break the glue holding the power cord loose.

The break was 4" down the coil cord on the + wire where the strain relief ended.

Then I shortened the cord, put new female spade conn. on and reassembled.

Worked just fine. Whew! 
I finished the repair after a total of four affraid hours into it.
  So I made an old friend happy. That was worth the nightmare.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vibrator from **** G5 super glued together   Vibrator from **** G5 super glued together I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vibrator from **** G5 super glued together
Page 1 of 1