ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

If you know how to use an RPN Calculator.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

If you know how to use an RPN Calculator. Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you know how to use an RPN Calculator.   If you know how to use an RPN Calculator. I_icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2020, 5:56 pm

Yep bought mine at Sears for $189.00 gave it to a friend He says He still has it but where? I told him I would like it back. I changed the batteries once.
----------------------------------

Deleted Norton's Now, So I am Using Windows Defender , seems to now work cheers So topic is unlocked.
 edit: heres the picture link

Bowmar

Technician
Technician
chas

PostSubject: Re: If you know how to use an RPN Calculator.   If you know how to use an RPN Calculator. I_icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2020, 4:52 pm

Cliff Jones wrote:
Thanks for that link for Ubuntu Linux (SP?) users

My first calculator was a Bowmen 4 function, then a Casio scientific when I started electronics in college in 1978.

But I have never had a problem with Key-bounce on my HP's.
Cliff Did you mean the Bowmar Brain?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

“I was a real dummy. I couldn’t add. I couldn’t subtract. I couldn’t multiply. I couldn’t divide. Percentages made my head spin. Then they gave me America’s number one selling personal calculator, the Bowmar Brain. 
Thanks to the Bowmar Brain, I’m no dummy anymore, knock on wood.
The Bowmar Brain. The perfect gift for the little dummy in all of us.”

click here

I remember this character from the TV ads, though I thought the face appeared to be covered with a metallic glint, that, might have been a gassy B & W pix tube, Ha!...

I took several college courses in 1969, one was Physics. For one of the projects we used a four station "four banger" with a Nixie readout at four work stations. the calculator processor was in a box at the end of the bench as large as a full size ATX computer. And it was slow...

Ya, the key bounce was in Radio-Shack pocket calculators...

Chas
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: If you know how to use an RPN Calculator.   If you know how to use an RPN Calculator. I_icon_minitimeJune 1st 2020, 6:23 pm

Thanks for that link for Ubuntu Linux (SP?) users
In windows there is a basic calculator but most don't know there are several bells and whistles included but not RPN.
It has standard- scientific-programmer-Date Calculation
Convertor has currency, volume, length, weight and mass, temperature, energy, area, speed, time, power, data, pressure and angle.

My first calculator was a Bowmen 4 function, then a Casio scientific when I started electronics in college in 1978.

I have had several HP RPN calculators starting in about 1980.
The first was an HP-21 then the HP-41  then the 32 and 48G and last year a 35s.

The HP is a graphics calculator with even 3D plots and internal digits out to ( + & - ) 488 internal digits. It runs at over 800Mhz.
Can also do algebraic (default). Has a Solve function and on and on. The actual Calculator is touch control besides, I'm not aware of any other Calculator with that feature. Since I don't have a computer touch screen I cannot say if that works in real time.
After the first HP i wrote to the company and told the I got tired of flipping and looking at the front of the keys for the additional functions. I suggested that if they slanted the front of the keys a slight angle it wood a lot easier to see. They adopted that but I never got so much as a thankyou. Crying or Very sad 

But I have never had a problem with Key-bounce on my HP's.

Technician
Technician
chas

PostSubject: Re: If you know how to use an RPN Calculator.   If you know how to use an RPN Calculator. I_icon_minitimeJune 1st 2020, 6:03 pm

I had to look up RPN. It has been a long time since I had a hand held calculator.

I abandoned them about the time I got a computer. Most of the ones I used had problems with key bounce...

RPN:

So I looked up the calculator "galculator" that comes with the version of Ubuntu MATE Linux that I use.

I thought it was just a "4-banger" but there is a scientific option and plenty of help files.

According to the help files it can conform to RPN...

Frankly, I don't use "complex math" to solve radio problems beyoud ohms law and resonance.

Here is another tool sounds interesting, but it is beyond me:

Chas
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: If you know how to use an RPN Calculator.   If you know how to use an RPN Calculator. I_icon_minitimeJune 1st 2020, 5:18 pm

I just found one of many Calculator emulators for windows and apple.
The one I downloaded is HPs HP Prime there is more that you can do then I thought possible.
Interested?

click here
There are free manuals for users also.

PostSubject: Re: If you know how to use an RPN Calculator.   If you know how to use an RPN Calculator. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you know how to use an RPN Calculator.
Page 1 of 1