ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Wanted - Marconi Model 137 Radio Power Transformer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
john
Beginning Member

Wanted - Marconi Model 137 Radio Power Transformer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wanted - Marconi Model 137 Radio Power Transformer   Wanted - Marconi Model 137 Radio Power Transformer I_icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2023, 9:14 am

Hi Dave

Some of your numbers look a little incorrect. The winding to 5Y4 pin 8 and pin 7 should be 5 volts AC
also the other filament winding should be 6.3 volts ac at several amps. Do have dimensions for the transformer in question, like how its mounted to the chassis and its length, width and height? A picture might help as well if you can provide one.

I'm in Ontario and have several transformers like you need if that works for you 

John
Back to top Go down
turnerdavidp
Beginning Member

Wanted - Marconi Model 137 Radio Power Transformer Empty
PostSubject: Wanted - Marconi Model 137 Radio Power Transformer   Wanted - Marconi Model 137 Radio Power Transformer I_icon_minitimeJune 27th 2023, 8:08 am

Hello,

I am looking to purchase a power transformer for my Marconi Model 137 radio chassis. I do not have much information on the unit nor does the manual I purchased give great detail. From what I can make of the schematic, it is...

120V AC Primary 60Hz
(Red Wire Pair) 340V AC Secondary "to 5Y4G Pin 5 - Plate No. 1" and "to 5Y4G Pin 3 - Plate No. 2" with what I am guessing is a 170V AC Center Tap "to internal wiring"
(Rubber Sleeve Pair) 300V AC Secondary "to 5Y4G Pin 8 - Filament" and "to 5Y4G Pin 7 - Filament"
(Unknown Color Pair) 170V AC Secondary "to internal wiring"

If you require any more information, please advise.

Thank you again. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Wanted - Marconi Model 137 Radio Power Transformer
Page 1 of 1