ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Cleaning Battery Contacts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

Cleaning Battery Contacts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Battery Contacts   Cleaning Battery Contacts I_icon_minitimeJune 12th 2015, 11:32 am

Another product is grease that contains either silver, or copper. electricians also used a conductive grease for aluminum to copper connections, because aluminum expands and contracts at a different rate then copper, causing bad joints in wiring of power connections. and the electrolysis between to different metals.

Here's a web page that explains applications of a particular brand, I am not endorsing the product, just educational info.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: Cleaning battery contacts   Cleaning Battery Contacts I_icon_minitimeJune 11th 2015, 11:00 pm

I use silicon paste.  It is a bit messy, but your connections will stay clean.  I started using it for things on my car....lubricating brake parts like caliper pins.  Works great!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Battery Contacts   Cleaning Battery Contacts I_icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2013, 4:26 pm

White lithium grease is my choice for preventing battery terminal corrosion. Small tube runs about $3.00 here.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Battery Contacts   Cleaning Battery Contacts I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2013, 5:55 pm

Yes I have used that and afterward use baking soda. Then use Vaseline, it doesn't seem to interfere with electrical conductivity. Also on corroded connections I tin them to keep corrosion at bay when possible.

FrankB

PostSubject: Cleaning Battery Contacts   Cleaning Battery Contacts I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2013, 5:41 pm

I have found that with corroded connectors for batteries from alkaline batteries use white vinegar to clean them.
It works great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning Battery Contacts   Cleaning Battery Contacts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cleaning Battery Contacts
Page 1 of 1