ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Battery current supply

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

Battery current supply Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery current supply   Battery current supply I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2012, 6:27 pm

Primary (disposable)
Typical capacity (mAh) Nominal voltage

Alkaline-----------------565--------------9V
Zinc–carbon------------400--------------9V
Lithium-----------------1200-------------9.6V

Rechargeables
NiCd ------------------120--------------7.2- 8.4 (some)
NiMH ------------------175-300----------7.2- 8.4 9.6
Lithium-ion polymer-----520---------------7.3-

Wal-warts are used to run equipment and have a built in reserve capacity to run the electronics and charging battery(s) at the same time.
9 volt batteries can produce several amps , but just for a fraction of a second.
finding out what the capacity of a battery is can only be found by the company data sheets.
The more load on the battery the shorter useful life of the battery.
Just remember this some wall-warts are AC in and AC out, while others are AC in and DC out

PostSubject: Re: Battery current supply   Battery current supply I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2012, 6:06 pm

Okay, what am I missing? What does the wall wart have to do with the battery? Are you asking the capacity of the battery or ultimate short circuit current capability?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Battery current supply   Battery current supply I_icon_minitimeDecember 9th 2012, 3:15 pm

Set up: I'm holding a 9-volt battery replacement ("wall wart") in my hand. Besides the output voltage, the label says 200 mA.

Question: I'm now holding a 9-volt battery in my hand, the rectangular kind you can buy anywhere. How much current is it good for?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battery current supply   Battery current supply I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battery current supply
Page 1 of 1