ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

I keep letting down my guard on free software

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ve1arn
ve1arn

I keep letting down my guard on free software Empty
PostSubject: Re: I keep letting down my guard on free software   I keep letting down my guard on free software I_icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2018, 4:28 pm

I've downloaded the 64 bit version. I am gearing up an older system for the radio room and might experiment with it there. If it works OK, I'll put it in my regular system.

Thanks for the heads up! Smile
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

I keep letting down my guard on free software Empty
PostSubject: I keep letting down my guard on free software   I keep letting down my guard on free software I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2018, 10:40 pm

I installed Free Commander In my computer Because it looks like it would do a better job than windows Explorer.  But it took control Over a lot of functions That I didn’t recognize and completely Incapacitated The control panel and other programs.  I finally Resorted to removing the program and Doing a registry cleanup Which restored everything.  I will have to be a lot more careful when installing free software. Embarassed Heres what enticed me was a better search and much faster the Windows Explorer.
-----------------------------
This is a test, I would like to see how well this hears my voice.

When I started to use word yesterday I found that there is a program That Is available only in Office 365 But Not available for Microsoft Word and it’s called Dictation.  However, there is a workaround On the web, After visiting some forums I found the Microsoft location that provides Transcript, It really works well, It's So much more efficient and easier then the Microsoft Microphone Application which is called ( Speech Recognition Which is clunky and You must go through Talking to it and letting it recognize your voice Which takes quite a while.)  So, I installed this add-on Dictation And I will show you the link Below However if you’re Hesitant You might Look for further examples on forums That discuss this product. This is what they call a garage Product from Microsoft So it was more for developers Then users.
If your wondering how it goes, just pm me and I will post my experience with it. I understand it may not be around long but it was used in Office 2013 and 2016, but I didn't find it in my office.
Some how I got it to work yesterday, but didn't remember how to start i. One method when you have a document open you can hold the window key and simultaneously tap the H key and it will show at the top of the screen separate from the document.

Heres the Link:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I keep letting down my guard on free software
Page 1 of 1