ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Schematic for Superior E-200 Signal Generator

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chas
Technician
Technician
chas

Schematic for Superior E-200 Signal Generator Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schematic for Superior E-200 Signal Generator   Schematic for Superior E-200 Signal Generator I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2019, 11:39 am

What is the tube line-up in the generator? FWIR there are several variations of this generator and the tube lineup is the clue.

The search for the schematic on-line, if the schematic does not have the values some "reasonable guesstimates" can be made depending on what part of the generator each section is connected to...

IMHO don't stuff, unless your into self abuse, isolate the old cap, install a tie strip and install some radial caps, done...

You can also check the cap using an AC powered bridge. This old school bridge usually tolerates considerable leakage in an old cap and still show a faint eye tube opening at balance. The two Heath-Kit models IT 11 & 28 will do that.

Both those bridges can apply a leakage test voltage that will short-time heal some of the leakage so the bridge null can be more clearly seen.

I did that this morning to a paper cap buried in tar. I now know it is 1mf.

YMMV

Chas
Back to top Go down
Rod Clay
Technician
Technician
Rod Clay

PostSubject: Re: Schematic for Superior E-200 Signal Generator   Schematic for Superior E-200 Signal Generator I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2019, 4:41 pm

How did your recapping project go?

Signal generators usually don't draw very much plate current from their power supplies. Thus they don't need a lot of filtering so low value filter caps can be used (10uF to 20uF per section). Just measure the highest B+ voltage currently in your signal generator and choose a working voltage higher than that (to handle high peak voltages when you first turn it on).
73, Rod  WB6FBF
Back to top Go down
wildcat445
Technician
Technician
wildcat445

PostSubject: Schematic for Superior E-200 Signal Generator   Schematic for Superior E-200 Signal Generator I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2019, 3:09 pm

I need to recap my signal generator.  It has a four-section electrolytic filter cap that has no values marked on it.

Visit us at "classichificare.com"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schematic for Superior E-200 Signal Generator   Schematic for Superior E-200 Signal Generator I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Schematic for Superior E-200 Signal Generator
Page 1 of 1