ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Westinghouse RT/RC/AR Hook -Up

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
atwaterkent
Senior Member 75+ Posts
Senior Member 75+ Posts

Westinghouse RT/RC/AR Hook -Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Westinghouse RT/RC/AR Hook -Up   Westinghouse RT/RC/AR Hook -Up I_icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2019, 9:17 pm

Thank you Frank. I've been busy restoring some radios, so I had to back-burner the Westinghouse work, but I expect to get back to it after the holiday.
Back to top Go down
FrankB
FrankB

PostSubject: Re: Westinghouse RT/RC/AR Hook -Up   Westinghouse RT/RC/AR Hook -Up I_icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2019, 11:11 pm

It was originally made by RCA!

Well, it for sure was not a 'lytic.

I think you could try different values from 110 pf ( My OEM RCA Redbooks only go back to 1931, and 130 pf  seems to be a common value used in them, AFAIK), to .05 mfd. Just pick the one that gives you the loudest signal. Sets back then weren't terribly picky. I'd use a 600 v or higher rated cap.though.
HTH
FrankB
Back to top Go down
atwaterkent
Senior Member 75+ Posts
Senior Member 75+ Posts

PostSubject: Westinghouse RT/RC/AR Hook -Up   Westinghouse RT/RC/AR Hook -Up I_icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2019, 8:13 pm

Westinghouse RT/RC/AR Hook -Up Westin10
I was in the process of hooking up my Westinghouse RT/RC/AR combo and I noticed the wiring drawing shows a condenser in the connection between the ground connection and antenna connection on the RC. I'm not sure what type of condenser and rating to use in this situation. I have a selection of can capacitors and film capacitors. The part number on the drawing is 363306 or 363366, hard to read. Any ideas?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Westinghouse RT/RC/AR Hook -Up   Westinghouse RT/RC/AR Hook -Up I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Westinghouse RT/RC/AR Hook -Up
Page 1 of 1