ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

International Crystal Radio Circuit Boards (ICMC)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FrankB
FrankB

International Crystal Radio Circuit Boards (ICMC) Empty
PostSubject: Re: International Crystal Radio Circuit Boards (ICMC)   International Crystal Radio Circuit Boards (ICMC) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2020, 8:26 pm

I have not seen anything like that before.
 I had hoped they were of the OX series, which is quite useful.
Back to top Go down
Rod Clay
Technician
Technician
Rod Clay

PostSubject: Re: International Crystal Radio Circuit Boards (ICMC)   International Crystal Radio Circuit Boards (ICMC) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2020, 8:14 pm

Frank,
I checked the boards and found no numbers or markings. The only markings are on the IF cans and they appear identical. The "input coil" I referred to earlier may be too small to resonate at 10 MHz so I don't know. Kind of a mystery at present. It doesn't look like one of the usual project boards International marketed to ham operators-least wise not that I have seen.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
FrankB
FrankB

PostSubject: Re: International Crystal Radio Circuit Boards (ICMC)   International Crystal Radio Circuit Boards (ICMC) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2020, 5:58 pm

Can't find any info on them. 
Do they happen to have an "OX_??" designation on them anywhere?
Back to top Go down
Rod Clay
Technician
Technician
Rod Clay

PostSubject: International Crystal Radio Circuit Boards (ICMC)   International Crystal Radio Circuit Boards (ICMC) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2020, 4:14 pm

I just received a lot of International Crystal Manufacturing Company circuit boards that I could use some help identifying. I'll try to put some pictures up later but for now you can find them on eBay by doing a "completed" search for "International Crystal Manufacturing Tubes And Boards Lot Of Three". They all look alike although there are two different part numbers on the old boxes. The part numbers are: 300-162-2 and 156-265. They appear to have been installed and then carefully removed from service. They came with tubes and they look excellent. Not junk box tubes. I am guessing that they are a crystal controlled second IF of some kind that was used in a commercial radio. There are the (3) tubes which consist of a 6BL8 Mixer-Oscillator stage using a 10455 kHz crystal, a 6BA6 IF Stage and a 6AL5 Detector/AVC Stage. This suggests that the incoming frequency would be 10 MHz. I don't have a grid dip meter so I don't have an easy way to check what appears to be the Input Coil associated with the 6BL8. It is a rather small coil but maybe it could be tuned to 10 MHz (it has an adjustable core). If nothing else, I got some good parts for less than $10.
73, Rod  WB6FBF
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: International Crystal Radio Circuit Boards (ICMC)   International Crystal Radio Circuit Boards (ICMC) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

International Crystal Radio Circuit Boards (ICMC)
Page 1 of 1