ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Knight-Kit C-540 tube type CB transceiver

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

Knight-Kit C-540 tube type CB transceiver Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knight-Kit C-540 tube type CB transceiver   Knight-Kit C-540 tube type CB transceiver I_icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2020, 4:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Knight maybe had a uniform wire hook up for plug connections on most CBs and I saw this one so may be helpful for comparison. Knight C-11 model.

Technician
Technician
Rod Clay

PostSubject: Re: Knight-Kit C-540 tube type CB transceiver   Knight-Kit C-540 tube type CB transceiver I_icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2020, 3:12 pm

I agree on tracing out the wiring from that multi-pin jack on the back of the set. A lot of those early tube type CB radios had a 117V AC line input for Base Station use as well as a 12V DC input for mobile. The 12V DC supply will likely use either a single vibrator unit or (2) large power transistors mounted on a heat sink. There may be a single combined power transformer or two separate transformers. The primary winding for most 117V transformers will have black insulated wires coming out of the coil winding assembly (cloth covered or vinyl plastic). This should indicate the 117 Volt AC input line. Trace the wires back from that 11 pin jack (socket) and see what you can find. Also, I am wondering now if that socket is an 11 pin Jones type or a round 11 pin keyed type (resembles an octal tub socket). Good luck.
73, Rod  WB6FBF

Last edited by Rod Clay on June 2nd 2020, 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Knight-Kit C-540 tube type CB transceiver   Knight-Kit C-540 tube type CB transceiver I_icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2020, 11:24 am

You may have to show a handmade schematic from the pins to each internal wire connection.
Of course some will be obvious, two wires to the primary of the power transformer. Two wires for the RF (one being ground.) You may have better luck looking for CB Club forums for advice.

Beginning Member

PostSubject: Knight-Kit C-540 tube type CB transceiver   Knight-Kit C-540 tube type CB transceiver I_icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2020, 8:47 am

I have acquired  a Knight-kit C-540 tube type CB transceiver , circa 1964-1968.  it did not come with the AC power cord that plugs into an 11 pin jack on the back of the cabinet.  I will have to wire my own, but I need a schematic (or manual would be better) to wire one up.  I can find nothing online except pictures of the radio.  Thanks, Marvin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knight-Kit C-540 tube type CB transceiver   Knight-Kit C-540 tube type CB transceiver I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Knight-Kit C-540 tube type CB transceiver
Page 1 of 1