Share | 

Rudolph Airline 05gcb 1540-solved

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rickey

PostSubject: Rudolph Airline 05gcb 1540-solved   2011-10-12, 3:04 am

First topic message reminder :

I found this little radio in a yard sale. As far as electronically it looks untouched! I recapped the electrolytics, but I get no audio. I jumpered another audio transformer and did get a low buzz,but no reception. Also it has a huge resistor looking part, is that a capacitor? It also has a domino looking part? The forum would not let me post a picture link.
Thanks,

Last edited by Cliff Jones on 2011-10-27, 9:33 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Rudolph Airline 05gcb 1540-solved   2011-10-25, 8:23 pm

That doesn't mean it has to be negative or at 0 Volts. as long as it's negative in respect to the cathode from my understanding any way. As long as it works!

Most measurements are usually taken with the volume control at maximum and no signal in to the radio.

The values I gave are for a Generic set, different manufacturers have shortcuts to get things working. I wouldn't worry as long as it works. It might be of concern if it were a multifunction (Shortwave, AM, and FM) as the voltages will change (even ON the grids)

Or it were high end set for the Military. But general radios can have voltages as much as 20% because of using slack component tolerances. The only place I can think of that it might matter is the oscillator.

Great to hear its working. cheers
I would do two things, 1st, put a polarized plug on it and a fuse, and 2nd, let it run for at least 5 to 6 hours just to make sure you get no surprises down the line. Suspect

Unless you have anything more on this set I will marked it as fixed or solved.
Back to top Go down
Rickey

PostSubject: Re: Rudolph Airline 05gcb 1540-solved   2011-10-26, 3:12 am

Thanks for your help Cliff! I played it for a couple of hours yesterday. Now on to another one. Rolling Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Rudolph Airline 05gcb 1540-solved   2011-11-09, 2:51 pm

Well, ole Rudolph is looking good and playing better! I just need some ideas on filling in the label
lettering. Thanks again!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Rudolph Airline 05gcb 1540-solved   2011-11-09, 9:19 pm

It looks like the Airline name is depressed and could be filled in with gold or silver paint. You can also do the same to the frequency numbers. if the letters are raised you could use a product used as a rubbing to gilt frames, vases and such.

PostSubject: Re: Rudolph Airline 05gcb 1540-solved   2011-11-10, 3:25 am

Thanks Cliff, that had crossed my mind. I think that will be my best bet!
Rickey

Rudolph Airline 05gcb 1540-solved
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2