ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Rudolph Airline 05gcb 1540-solved

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rickey
Member 25+ posts
Member 25+ posts
Rickey

Rudolph Airline 05gcb 1540-solved - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Rudolph Airline 05gcb 1540-solved   Rudolph Airline 05gcb 1540-solved - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2011, 3:04 am

First topic message reminder :

I found this little radio in a yard sale. As far as electronically it looks untouched! I recapped the electrolytics, but I get no audio. I jumpered another audio transformer and did get a low buzz,but no reception. Also it has a huge resistor looking part, is that a capacitor? It also has a domino looking part? The forum would not let me post a picture link.
Thanks,

Last edited by Cliff Jones on October 27th 2011, 9:33 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Rickey
Member 25+ posts
Member 25+ posts

PostSubject: Re: Rudolph Airline 05gcb 1540-solved   Rudolph Airline 05gcb 1540-solved - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2011, 3:22 am

Thanks, Cliff!
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Rudolph Airline 05gcb 1540-solved   Rudolph Airline 05gcb 1540-solved - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2011, 4:18 pm

That's great! Always like to hear about successful repairs.
The finish may just have to be sanded and repainted. No solvents to be safe, from attacking the plastic case.
----------------------------------

NOTE: Before you can post pictures you will have to post 5 messages . This is to limit spammers from posting graphics.
--------------
On your picture link problem, when you have a picture just right click on the picture you see on your screen even if its on another web page. Then click on properties, then click and drag and then copy the properties info. It should end in jpg or bmp, or common graphics file extension.

then edit your post and click on the button that has a small picture above the comment area, it will show a small chain and a blank box that you can copy the properties link in. Then click on OK and it will show the link in your comments. Go down to the review button and click on it. It should show your picture. Then click on send and it will reappear in your post.

Member 25+ posts
Member 25+ posts
Rickey

PostSubject: Re: Rudolph Airline 05gcb 1540-solved   Rudolph Airline 05gcb 1540-solved - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2011, 1:19 pm

Thanks Cliff, tubes checked ok. When i changed out that molded mica she went to singing!
The audio out transformer was bad too. It works amazingly well for a four tuber!
Rickey
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Rudolph Airline 05gcb 1540-solved   Rudolph Airline 05gcb 1540-solved - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2011, 11:23 am

Schematic, I posted this also on tuberadio forum
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hope this helps
You may need to check the tubes.
And make sure the dial lamp works, if it is missing then it may be the problem as current flows though it from the rectifier filament.

Member 25+ posts
Member 25+ posts
Rickey

PostSubject: Rudolph Airline 05gcb 1540-solved   Rudolph Airline 05gcb 1540-solved - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2011, 3:04 am

I found this little radio in a yard sale. As far as electronically it looks untouched! I recapped the electrolytics, but I get no audio. I jumpered another audio transformer and did get a low buzz,but no reception. Also it has a huge resistor looking part, is that a capacitor? It also has a domino looking part? The forum would not let me post a picture link.
Thanks,

Last edited by Cliff Jones on October 27th 2011, 9:33 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rudolph Airline 05gcb 1540-solved   Rudolph Airline 05gcb 1540-solved - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rudolph Airline 05gcb 1540-solved
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2