ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Rough Shipping Week

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

Rough Shipping Week Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rough Shipping Week   Rough Shipping Week I_icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2021, 11:10 am

I was expecting a priority mail parcel Saturday.  My letter carrier comes around 7-7:30.  I have a CCTV camera facing the mailbox on PIR detect and the carrier tripped it.  I watched her open the mailbox and put mail in.  She then drove away.  A few minutes later, I checked my Email and it said that the carrier was unable to get to the house to deliver the parcel, it would be delivered the next business day.  Apparently that was Sunday, as she delivered it that morning.  She made 3 more runs through my neighborhood thaat day.  Methinks these actions are contoured more for overtime than public service.

atwaterkent
Senior Member 75+ Posts
Senior Member 75+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Rough Shipping Week   Rough Shipping Week I_icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2021, 10:26 pm

These days you have to go far passed "properly packed" to bullet-proof. I think about the idiots and apes my package will be handled by and package things so even they can't destroy whatever I'm shipping.
Back to top Go down
FrankB
FrankB

PostSubject: Re: Rough Shipping Week   Rough Shipping Week I_icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2021, 3:14 pm

Yes, some shippers do have no idea of how to pack.

Often it is the shipping carrier companies fault.
 I had to order 6 (!) CRT's to get one intact from back east. UPS destroyed 5 of them. Another time a trucking company placed cases of wine on top of the new TV sets we ordered. Wine bottles broke all over the boxes for the sets. Thankfully, the sets were in giant plastic bags in the boxes, and worked (& didn't smell like cheap wine).

Years ago I spoke to one monitor company that had a usually pulverized and smashed rep come & verify their packing met usually pulverized and smashed "Proper Standards" for  shipping, then usually pulverized and smashed  damaged the monitors & told them "The packaging was not up to their standards". What??? So even "verified" good packing is no guarantee if the carrier uses "baggage apes" to load the trucks.
 We had fragile boxes with shoe prints on them from the loaders more often than not.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Rough Shipping Week   Rough Shipping Week I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2021, 8:56 pm

I wish all sellers were like you in shipping. Very Happy

Senior Member 75+ Posts
Senior Member 75+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Rough Shipping Week   Rough Shipping Week I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2021, 8:21 pm

Hi Cliff, 
 Fortunately for me its the sellers responsibility to get whatever I buy to me in one piece. Seller pays for return shipping and gives me a full refund including taxes and the original shipping charge. They have to deal with the insurance issues. One had Fedex do the packing, which is a major mistake since they do not know what they're doing and charge way too much. The other item was not packed properly. There are very few people who know how to package items for maximum protection or they are unwilling to spend the time and money to do it right and it ends up costing them much, much more by failing to do so. When I ship anything the packaging is bullet proof, done right you can make it almost impossible for an item to be damaged in shipping.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Rough Shipping Week   Rough Shipping Week I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2021, 7:43 pm

When you order stuff like that tell the sellers to request shipper to let customer do an inspection before leaving or insure (Good luck on collecting) Crying or Very sad

Senior Member 75+ Posts
Senior Member 75+ Posts

PostSubject: Rough Shipping Week   Rough Shipping Week I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2021, 4:52 pm

Last week I had a radio show up broken and, in a separate shipment, a rare speaker show up broken. Both are now back with the sellers. Fedex was the shipper, they arrived on time, but I'd rather they had arrived late and in one piece.  Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rough Shipping Week   Rough Shipping Week I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rough Shipping Week
Page 1 of 1