ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

117 degrees by the middle of next week

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
thebeavt
Beginning Member

117 degrees by the middle of next week Empty
PostSubject: Re: 117 degrees by the middle of next week   117 degrees by the middle of next week I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2021, 3:09 pm

We had 80 here in Buffalo today, although we got to 90 twice this week.
Not much Summer left.......Darn it .....
Back to top Go down
19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

PostSubject: Re: 117 degrees by the middle of next week   117 degrees by the middle of next week I_icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2021, 2:16 pm

We've had a couple of depleted hurricanes move up across the state and leave gusty winds and torrential rains.  The weekend before last, our neighborhood had a 24 hour power outage.  It was too warm to use my Aladdin mantle kerosene lamp.  Fortunately we have all the chain restaurants nearby.  I left the fridge alone and it kept the cool.  I'd just bought $28 worth of frozen sockeye salmon cutlets.

19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

PostSubject: Re: 117 degrees by the middle of next week   117 degrees by the middle of next week I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2021, 11:15 am

The temperatures are starting to drop below the 100's this week, but not too much.  There was so much rain over the last two weeks, my lawn looked  as if it hadn't been mowed for a month.

19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

PostSubject: Re: 117 degrees by the middle of next week   117 degrees by the middle of next week I_icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2021, 4:32 am

The raggedy portions of the diminished hurricane has cooled things off a bit here.  Now it looks like there will be hot days and steamy evening rains.

Rod Clay
Technician
Technician
Rod Clay

PostSubject: High Heat and out of Oroville!   117 degrees by the middle of next week I_icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2021, 4:14 am

I have been out of town since the end of June getting cancer treatments (and other things). Friday, I heard it got up to 108 here in Vackaville. Oroville is usually the hot, hot place in the Sacramento Valley area. I have tried to stay busy with radio stuff via some ebay purchases.
73, Rod. WB6FBF
Back to top Go down
wildcat445
Technician
Technician
wildcat445

PostSubject: Re: 117 degrees by the middle of next week   117 degrees by the middle of next week I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2021, 7:31 pm

It only got up to 110 here this afternoon.  The only thing that is really hot is the black paint on my car.  I have the darkest tint on the glass the law will allow.  I use a sun shade in the windshield when I park, then cover the steering wheel and dash with a horse blanket.  I keep the seats covered, and the rear seat folded down.  One doesn't haul much in a Mini, so that is a moot point.  The humidity here this afternoon, per the weather babe was 14%.  We got a "6 inch" rain here on the 3rd.  It was six inches between drops.  The drops, though were big as silver dollars.  Every TV station in town posts a reporter at water puddles when we get a tenth of an inch of rain.  Cars auger off into each other.  Tow trucks do a land office business.  People try to drive a Hyundai Sonata thru six feet of water, then get stranded.  They have to pay for the helicopter and the cost of personnel necessary to rescue them.  We have a "Stupid Motorist" law here.......

Visit us at "classichificare.com"
Back to top Go down
19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

PostSubject: Re: 117 degrees by the middle of next week   117 degrees by the middle of next week I_icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2021, 4:24 am

The temps here on the opposite corner are going between the upper 80s to lower 90s, pretty much like the last 5-6 years.  Rainfall has been a bit more frequent with the tropical storm cycles.

atwaterkent
Senior Member 75+ Posts
Senior Member 75+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: 117 degrees by the middle of next week   117 degrees by the middle of next week I_icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2021, 9:33 pm

I hope this summer doesn't turn out to be one big forest fire in the western states. I can't believe the temps in Canada of all places and they're having some big fires up there.
Back to top Go down
wildcat445
Technician
Technician
wildcat445

PostSubject: Re: 117 degrees by the middle of next week   117 degrees by the middle of next week I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2021, 7:00 pm

The cucumber plant is history.  It got warm enough that it quit blooming.  When that happens, they "think" they are at the end of their cycle, so the plant dies.  The "germaniums" look good still.  I trim off the buds so they don't bloom.  I feed them Miracle Gro every couple weeks or so.  The citrus looks good as do the cactus.  Our front lawn is so-so, but the rear lawn looks really good.  We had a haboob (dust storm) this afternoon.  We get dust like most places get rain.  It was only 104 here today, with a tad higher humidity.  I believe the weather babe said it was 24%.  They had a nice rain in the Superstition Mountains just east of here this afternoon, but we got nary a drop.

Back to top Go down
19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

PostSubject: Re: 117 degrees by the middle of next week   117 degrees by the middle of next week I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2021, 6:15 pm

It was 94 here today.  That's hot enough for me.

atwaterkent
Senior Member 75+ Posts
Senior Member 75+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: 117 degrees by the middle of next week   117 degrees by the middle of next week I_icon_minitimeJune 30th 2021, 6:10 pm

I've never heard of such a massive drought and heatwave. When its 115 degrees in British Columbia, Canada, you know its bad!
Back to top Go down
wildcat445
Technician
Technician
wildcat445

PostSubject: Re: 117 degrees by the middle of next week   117 degrees by the middle of next week I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2021, 7:44 am

Its warm enough now that the sun is baking the little cucumbers.  They are okay if they are under a leaf or not on the east side of the plant.  Oddly enough, or bouganvilla bushes are blooming like crazy.  They must like hot weather.  Our citrus looks good.  I'm curious to see if the cucumber plant survives the hot weather.  If it is still alive by Saturday, it will survive anywhere.  It was 118 here yesterday, same is forecast for today.  Relative humidity was 7%.

Back to top Go down
19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

PostSubject: Re: 117 degrees by the middle of next week   117 degrees by the middle of next week I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2021, 8:19 pm

When I lived in Utah, the showers would come across the desert, with plenty of wind and deposit the dust with the rain all over.  It looked like someone hosed off the car and threw a bunch of sakrete on it.. Very Happy

wildcat445
Technician
Technician
wildcat445

PostSubject: Re: 117 degrees by the middle of next week   117 degrees by the middle of next week I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2021, 7:16 pm

We get a cucumber about every other day.  I put two gallons of water a day on the cucumber plant.  It looks good, I'm really surprised.  There are lots of babies on it, but they grow really slow.  The ash from the fires are falling like snow here.  The tops of cars have ash on them.  It only got to 111 this afternoon, when 118 was forecast.  There is not much difference between 110 and 120.  Humidity here today was less than 5%.  We'd rather have warm weather than cold, snow and gloomy weather with no sun.  We sure could use a shower, though.

Back to top Go down
19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

PostSubject: Re: 117 degrees by the middle of next week   117 degrees by the middle of next week I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2021, 6:43 pm

That's some cute fruit you have there.  It started hot and dry early here as well.  It's supposed to rain the start of next week.  I've found it easier living without the humidity in high heat.  Cold as well.  It looks like you're getting what you moved to Arizona for.  Hope it doesn't get too bad.

wildcat445
Technician
Technician
wildcat445

PostSubject: 117 degrees by the middle of next week   117 degrees by the middle of next week I_icon_minitimeJune 9th 2021, 3:07 pm

It is not even summer yet.  The weather guessers say we'll get to 117 degrees by the middle of next week.  Good news is no bugs, no humidity, no weeds, no lawn mowing.  There are a couple of big wild fires just east of here.  We can see and smell the smoke.  Good news about that is they may restrict the use of fireworks due to the fire risk.  Our dog would appreciate that. The fires have burned over 150,000 acres and are only 18% to 23% contained.  I have managed to keep the wife's geraniums alive so far by trimming them way back and watering them every day.  The cucumber plant looks good, but the cucumbers get fried in the heat if you don't stay on top of them.  They don't get very big with the heat, but they taste good.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 117 degrees by the middle of next week   117 degrees by the middle of next week I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

117 degrees by the middle of next week
Page 1 of 1