ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Need Audio Output Transformer for a SX62A

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

Need Audio Output Transformer for a SX62A   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Audio Output Transformer for a SX62A    Need Audio Output Transformer for a SX62A   I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2021, 9:22 pm

SPEAKER CONNECTION - A four-terminal strip, marked "COM-3.2-8.0-500" is provided at the rear of the receiver for speaker connections. Any speaker having an impedance of 3.2 or 8 ohms can be used with the receiver by
connecting one lead from the speaker to the common ground terminal marked "COM" and the other lead to the terminal
which corresponds to the speaker impedance. When using a speaker with an impedance other than 3.2 or 8 ohms, a
matching transformer should be used to insure optimum performance. The matching transformer should have a 10-
watt power rating, a 500-ohm primary impedance, and a secondary impedance to match the impedance of the speaker
being used. The transformer should be mounted on or near the speaker. Connect the primary of transformer to the
terminals marked "500" and "COM" and the secondary to the speaker voice coil. The Hallicrafters R-46 and R-46A
speakers are both designed for use with your receiver. The R-46 speaker connects to the terminals marked "500"
and "COM"; the R-46A speaker connects to the terminals marked "3.2" and "G".
Page 4
the primary transformer winding is center tapped and connect to push-pull set of 6v6 tubes

Technician
Technician
chas

PostSubject: Re: Need Audio Output Transformer for a SX62A    Need Audio Output Transformer for a SX62A   I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2021, 8:24 pm

Go here and follow the instruction:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There are many vendors and makers of transformers. Here is one popular vendor or Hammond:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Jon Daffer
Beginning Member

PostSubject: Need Audio Output Transformer for a SX62A    Need Audio Output Transformer for a SX62A   I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2021, 9:28 am

Can't fine the specifications for it.  It is a Hallicrafters audio transformer [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Audio Output Transformer for a SX62A    Need Audio Output Transformer for a SX62A   I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need Audio Output Transformer for a SX62A
Page 1 of 1