ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Tool for earphone jack nut removal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrankB
FrankB

Tool for earphone jack nut removal Empty
PostSubject: Tool for earphone jack nut removal   Tool for earphone jack nut removal I_icon_minitimeMay 31st 2021, 11:40 pm

Some earphone jacks seem to have the nut come loose on them. If the nut has a slot across it there are a couple of tools you can make.

1. A piece of steel tubing that is a correct diameter to fit over the nut. Then file away one end leaving 2 "ears" that fit into the slot. A hole bored thru the tubing at the top and a bolt inserted thru it can make a good turning handle,
 or chuck it in a tap handle.

2. Grind a wide screwdriver blade down with the center cut out and two ears left , one on either side. Strangely enough, the tool I made for adjusting VCR pinch roller height worked OK on some sizes of the jack nuts too.

Adding a drop of thread lock does not hurt either.

Yes, IIRC Xcelite made the correct tools for tightening the nuts, but they were hard to find and spendy.
I -think- they made 3 different size tools for the nuts.

SwitchCraft made a killer tool for tightening or removing the knurled edge nuts used on some switches and pots.
Great tool, but I think it was 15-20 bux way back when.
Back to top Go down

Tool for earphone jack nut removal
Page 1 of 1