ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Safety Capacitor question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
taz91
Beginning Member

Safety Capacitor question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Capacitor question   Safety Capacitor question I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2021, 5:43 pm

Cliff Jones wrote:
there are all sorts of internet links for information. This one will give you an Idea.

https://justradios.com/safetytips.html
-------
I suggest you change the power switch wiring (from the present neutral series wiring or chassis grounding) 
The Chassis is an electrical hazard with the original wiring.
to the Hot Side in series To Isolate accidental touching.
I just ordered a safety cap kit from justradios.  Last week I put in a ordered to mouser for the needed parts and purchased all X1...  Rolling Eyes  not use to mouser
Back to top Go down
taz91
Beginning Member

PostSubject: Re: Safety Capacitor question   Safety Capacitor question I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2021, 1:31 pm

Cliff Jones wrote:
there are all sorts of internet links for information. This one will give you an Idea.

-------
I suggest you change the power switch wiring (from the present neutral series wiring or chassis grounding) 

Hi Cliff..  Thanks for the information, have the radio re-wired and have read just radios helpful info.  I might put in a order to just radios, pay 1-2 bucks plus shipping for a few caps that add up to 30 bucks or get maybe 50 Y types plus free shipping for 70 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Safety Capacitor question   Safety Capacitor question I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2021, 10:34 am

-------

Beginning Member

PostSubject: Safety Capacitor question   Safety Capacitor question I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2021, 2:38 pm

Hi all,

I am restoring an RCA 35x ac/dc chassis radio.  Capacitor C21 - B- to chassis, this should be a safety cap?  Showing 0.2uf with a 220k resistor shunted across the cap.  Should C1 also use a safety cap?  The tuning capacitor is isolated from chassis, but C1 goes to B-.  I am not sure if this needs to be.  Appreciated any help.  Thks...

schematic http://www.nostalgiaair.org/PagesByMode ... 014914.pdf
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safety Capacitor question   Safety Capacitor question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Safety Capacitor question
Page 1 of 1