ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Repairing cheap computer speaker Logitek S150

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ve1arn
ve1arn

Repairing cheap computer speaker Logitek S150 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repairing cheap computer speaker Logitek S150   Repairing cheap computer speaker Logitek S150 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2023, 10:24 am

I have gotten more and more disappointed in Logitek lately. My 2 older trackballs have had their buttons replaced when the original ones failed. That was no problem. Now, they don't use the smaller mechanical switches anymore. It's all on the circuit board now. My vocabulary has increased noticeably with no response on a click, or the more than annoying double click from a single press. So, your comment on Logitek doesn't surprise me.

As for speakers, I've been lucky over the years with ones I have found at the local used clothing place near here. They have an odds & ends bin for non-clothing items. All except one pair were bad filter caps. The other had a bad speaker. Found a replacement speaker from the same place a few months later.

When I do disconnects, I always make sure I take photos of the boards and connections before I start. That has saved me more times than I care to say.
Back to top Go down
FrankB
FrankB

Repairing cheap computer speaker Logitek S150 Empty
PostSubject: Repairing cheap computer speaker Logitek S150   Repairing cheap computer speaker Logitek S150 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2023, 9:21 pm

Brand: Logitek Branded "Logi" on the front of the speaker.
Model: S150
Problem: Intermittent or no sound
Purchased from Amazon

USB cord breaks where it enters speaker. Caused by poor top heavy design, causing the speaker to fall off the computer desk numerous times.

Fix: Cut back USB cable about 6-8"

Disassembly Remove 2 lower screws from back of case. There are 3 more screws hidden under the "grille". 
 I whacked the speaker on the top with a screwdriver handle and the grille popped off, as it just has plastic lugs that are held in the recesses for the screws by friction.
There are 3 more screws under the "grille". All case screws are the same size.

There are 3 smaller screws holding in the PC board. Remove the 3 screws and pull the 2 cords through the back. The hot glue really won't hold them- at least on this one.

Remove the 5 wires from the circuit board, being sure to mark what color goes to which hole.  You do not need to remove the 2 wires to the left channel speaker. The shield of the cable is also covered with black heatshrink. Don't mix it with the black wire of the USB cable. Strip back the wires and resolder. Reassemble and test. 

Be sure the yellow/orange LED works and illuminates the word "Digital" on the front of the right speaker.

The circuit board has an IC and circuitry on it that is USB powered.

(These are really cheap speakers in all sense of the word. I had expected better from a product with Logiteks name on it.)
Back to top Go down

Repairing cheap computer speaker Logitek S150
Page 1 of 1