ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
blbii
Beginning Member

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member I_icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2024, 4:41 pm

Greetings. I am a Cannot be used as your registration NAME and instructor for the Alabama Historical Radio Society. Just ran across this forum, and look forward to looking in! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member I_icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2023, 1:40 pm

We have a good forum for most areas in electronics and with that, I would suggest for you to get acquainted with US first.

Do You have any books study on Electronics that describe about components and have any methods for there applications?

I would suggest these links to get for your improvement in knowledge of repairing.

1. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What Do you have in test equipment We would need to know, to help.
Do you have any electronics education?

You may need to explore for books in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There are huge references such as Riders books on servicing and also schematics.
The same with Sams Books and Beitmans servicing books and schematics too.

Do you have electronic tools if so list what you have. Because If We help, without knowing scratch whats needed for the task(s) involved. We might not what methods to inform you with. Kinda Like The Blind Leaded the Blind, euphemism.

Beginning Member
radiorich

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2023, 8:56 pm

Hello Leon ,
Welcome too the group !
Cool Vintage Audio I love repairing and listening to vintage audio my last vintage audio was a commerical Pioneer Amp for a friend .
Sincerely Richard
Back to top Go down
radiorich
Beginning Member
radiorich

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2023, 8:53 pm

Hello so-tingly,
Welcome !
Sincerely Richard
Back to top Go down
FrankB
FrankB

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member I_icon_minitimeMay 25th 2023, 2:13 am

Welcome to the Forum. 

We will do our best to help you solve the problems you may encounter.   

If you have not read the Hints and Kinks section, you will find a lot of odds and ends that can help you out.

There is well over 200+ years of experience combined with the members here, in many different areas of electronics. So don't be shy to ask questions.

Many of the members have junk boxes for hard to find parts too, so don't hesitate to post needs for tubes, transformers, etc. If the members don't have the items, there is a great chance we can direct you someplace that has what you need.

We have members who are experimenters, Military ET's, Industrials ET's and ones who have experience in home electronics, commercial, and industrial repair.

Many of us are Ham Radio operators also.

Great success rate on the repairs. Reading schematics can be very confusing, especially as the symbols have changed over the years, especially on the early schematics. Also European symbols can be different, as well as terminology. It took me time to get the symbols figured out when I started.

73'
Frank
Back to top Go down
so-tingly
Member 25+ posts
Member 25+ posts

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2023, 1:59 pm

Hello all
Obviously new here. 
I've been playing with tube radios for about 5 years. I have been about 80% successful with my repairs but some still elude me. I finally just started understanding how to read schematics, still a little rough around the edges but getting there. I will be asking questions soon and I hope someone can help me. Thanks  for letting me join.
Back to top Go down
FrankB
FrankB

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member I_icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2023, 8:00 pm

Welcome to the forum. Please sign in and register.
This will let us help you out in the future with help on problems, parts, schematics, etc.
Back to top Go down

New member Empty
PostSubject: New member   New member I_icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2023, 6:58 am

Hello everyone. I found this forum because I was searching for parts on Google. My hobby is vintage audio. Mostly from the seventies and eighties but for a short time als tube radio´s. I just love the sound of them. I have 2 radio´s what kind of works but both needs a restauration. I have a few others wich are broken. 
Because my financial situation is bad and will not improve in the future, I had to think ahead. So I started to collect cheap testing gear and also parts. My idea is to restore my own and keep it running forever. Learning electronics is not that easy for me but I start to understand it better every day. 

Leon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member   New member I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1