ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

New Members Please introduce yourself.

Go down 
+32
bzadel
rulene
RandyT
ThomasB
jesse.law
kend
Hydrolastic
Rogm1017
Warren Follweiter
ronnie667
zandy1
Gar
jbwaddell17
Lonney
chas
binkeyhb
Rod Clay
POTS Don
Dan Walker
Cliff Jones
dspwku
pbpp
radiorich
19&41
wildcat445
reyesfa
MEZLAW
willy3486
FrankB
bluebuzzer123
SWsenior
ve1arn
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
blbii
Beginning Member

New Members Please introduce yourself. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2024, 4:50 pm

Greetings! Name here is Boyd. I am a Cannot be used as your registration NAME and instructor with the Alabama Historical Radio Society, with about 10 years of experience with vintage tube radio restoration. Looking forward to looking in on the forum! Thanks! /Boyd
Back to top Go down
FrankB
FrankB

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2023, 2:48 am

Chuck-
Please post the model numbers of the radios you need the tubes for.
Many of us here have stashes of considerable size.
 You can also find the tube lineups from the Howard W Sams site or in Nostalgia airs site in the Riders index.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also Welcome to the site new members Chuck & Bob
Back to top Go down
kb4mdz
Beginning Member

PostSubject: New-ish here - intro   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2023, 7:30 pm

Name is Chuk, kb4mdz, in NC.  Been some sort of radio enthusiast for decades, and have come into a couple of pieces of WWII German field phones when a neighbor had to clean out before selling the house.  Also have some sort of very ancient console radio, multiple tuning controls across the front, but no tubes in it, not description on it, Want to post some pictures of the outside & insides to get help from the google -fu.
Back to top Go down
ddshellback
Beginning Member

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2023, 3:37 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Bob. I was a Fire Control Tech in the Navy in the late 70's early 80's working on a couple of different fire control radars and a first generation digital computer. I continued in electronics for a little while after getting out before  moving into IT in the early 2000's but I missed fixing electronic devices.   During covid I got a Grundig 4085 that needed a little work for something to do. Now I have 8 on a shelf waiting for me to go over them. I also decided to get my ham license at that time and now hold a general license.  I hope to have my extra by the end of the summer.

Bob KC1PEZ
Back to top Go down
FrankB
FrankB

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2022, 8:51 pm

My welcome as well to all the new members.
 Don't be shy in asking for help or sharing tips and info.
Remember: YOU are the ones who make this forum helpful to all.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2022, 9:52 pm

Welcome to these New Members 
- cry42 - Charles  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
- Rulene [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
- Bzadel-Bill [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
- from all of our Members Here! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Beginning Member

PostSubject: New Member   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2022, 3:04 pm

Hello:

Thanks for letting me join the group.

Have been into Amateur Radio since 1957, call W5CRY and have restored a number of tube type old amateur radios.

Working on my first old broadcast, Farm Radio, a battery powered, Philco, Model 39-80 for our small local museum and a Silvertone, Model 1937-4565 next as a keeper.

Mostly retired and live with my bride in Whitney, Texas.

Best wishes

Charles
Back to top Go down
bzadel
Beginning Member

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeSeptember 23rd 2022, 8:24 am

Hello everyone,

My name is Bill, Call sign KI7ZAD.  I am a Ham radio operator and I repair/restore vintage radio's and test equipment as a hobby.  I am retired and live in Parowan, Utah 84761.
Back to top Go down
rulene
Beginning Member
rulene

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2022, 2:56 pm

Hi, everyone.  I actually joined a while ago, but I didn't get around to introducing myself (much less participating) until now.Crying or Very sad  Anyway, I'm an electrical engineer/computer scientist/physician by education and work experience.  I love repairing/modifying new and old equipment.  I inherited a Zenith 1948 Chairside AM/FM/Shortwave/Phono "eyecatcher" from my grandma in 1995.  My dad had coerced my grandparents into buying it when they moved from VT to CA.  I had actually repaired it once before at my grandparents' house back in 1968.  I also have a B&W Muntz TV (circa 1950 or so) that I inherited.  My greatest "achievement" related to all of this was acquiring a Hickock 539B tube tester back in 1965.  It's been soooo useful.  Do any of you remember when grocery stores had tube testers in them?  I'm afraid that I do.

RandyT
Beginning Member

PostSubject: Just joined   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2021, 10:50 pm

Hello fellow radio hobbyists,

I just found this group doing a google search.  I've been interested in radio since I built my first Heathkit when in middle school.  I don't currently work on
antiques but in the past I have done alignments and re tubing of Hammarlund receivers.  I live in Bend, Oregon.  My reason for joining the list is to find
potential buyers for a deceased friends antique radio collection.  There may be as many as twenty of them and I'd like to sell them as a group.  None have
had any restoration done to them.  Mainly they are American AM or AM/FM sets but there are a few shortwave models and several Trans Oceanics. Some
have really beautiful wood cabinets. It would be wonderful if someone willing to drive to Central Oregon could pick them up, otherwise the owner's family 
will have to take them to the landfill.  palepalepale.

I will provide photos and descriptions on request.

Thanks
Randy
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2021, 4:12 pm

Welcome to these New Members 
- Hydrolastic  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
- kend [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
- jesse.law [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  
- ThomasB [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
- from all of our Members Here! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Beginning Member

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2021, 11:24 am

New here but have been on other antique radio forums for many years. I used to collect antique radios but seldom do that any longer -- too much stuff. I do like to home-brew, though. Mostly regenerative rcvrs. No formal training but have picked up a fair bit of knowledge just based on experience and reading forums.
Tom
Back to top Go down
jesse.law
Beginning Member

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2021, 1:49 pm

Hello,
  My name is Jesse.  My father was an old radio and TV tech, back in the 60's.  I have always been interested in learning about them.  I bought a Philco model 46 a few years before he passed away.  We got it running and I have enjoyed it so much I have since bought several other radios to fix.  I also have been buying any and all antique test equipment that I can afford.  I recently bought a B&K Model 160 transistor tester.  I am looking for a user manual for it.  I look forward to learning from you all.  I still don't know much.  I just change vacuum tubes until it works again.
Back to top Go down
kend
Beginning Member

PostSubject: Hello To All   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeMay 5th 2021, 6:00 pm

Hello to all - I have a few older sets laying around that I have been hauling around the country during my work life and during my retirement in 2001 (yes, he is an old guy). Been tinkering in radio since I was in my early teens and worked in electronics and computers during my Navy and civilian work periods. Kind of limited in the test equipment area and have just purchased a used Knight KG-650 sig gen (needs to be re-capped and checked out, otherwise in good shape) and have a small freq. counter and a reliable Fluke 87. Have a Goodyear Wings 741, SX-99 and a GE 7-2990A (bought new in 1984) that all need a some TLC. Thanks for the opportunity to join this illustrious group!
Back to top Go down
Hydrolastic
Beginning Member

PostSubject: Early Stereo Hi FI Magnavox    New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2021, 5:29 pm

Hello. I have been getting into the early stereo consoles about two years now and have 5 now 
1960 small Magnavox Concert Hall 1st208 awal 
1959 small Magnavox Traditional 2st208 F
1958 Magnavox Continental 
1958 Magnavox Concert grand (Early)
1958 Magnavox Stereorama 1st203 F
I would like to start doing my own repairs. Recapping. Test and replace components.
British cars are my main thing. 
Reside in Seattle 
First name  Aaron

Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: New Members   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2021, 9:30 pm

Hello to the following new Members:

Rogm1017  24 Jan 2021
Warren Follweiter 15 Jan 2021
radiorich 08 Jan 2021
ronnie667 25 Dec 2020
zandy1 08 Dec 2020
Gar 12 Nov 2020
jbwaddell17 12 Sep 2020
Lonney 18 Aug 2020
Guest (Peter) 17 Jul 2019
Guest (Bruce) 22 Mar 2019

Last edited by Cliff Jones on August 13th 2021, 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rogm1017
Beginning Member

PostSubject: New member here   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2021, 11:05 am

Hello all,
My name is rog and I am 61 years young. I live in the Midwest around the St. Louis area. My background in electronics is limited and from a long time ago. I decided to restore an old radio so I’m am having to relearn a lot, but it’s been enjoyable so far. I am sure I’m going to have a lot of questions for you guys and gals, so thank you in advance for your patience with this old man. Look forward to talking with y’all.
Back to top Go down
Warren Follweiter
Beginning Member

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2021, 11:03 pm

Hello my name is Warren Follweiter i am 59 years old 

I live in Beaumont Alberta Canada. Have been rebuilding radios for about a year now after purchasing a radio from one of the members Dan Walker. He got me interested in rebuilding radios for a hobby and gave me some hints and sold me another old radio to work on. Dan also told me to find the book Elements of Radio which I found and read and it all started after that. I have rebuilt about 20 radios now most are all American 5 units just finished a Crosley D25 Dash Board Clock Radio. It was in bad shape but i got it back and running, Case could go with a repaint but It works and sounds very good.
Looking at a RCA T7-1 Tombstone radio with a magic eye always wanted to get a radio with the eye in my collection. I see Dan Walker refurbished one back in 2018.
Back to top Go down
radiorich
Beginning Member
radiorich

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2021, 11:22 pm

Hello Andy &Ronnie,
welcome aboard it is nice seeing some new faces and I have not been around in a long while either with work and the holidays it is great to see some new people hope everyone had wonderful holidays .
Myself I am currently working on few turntables and my Zenith model 908 .
Well Gar that is a big task boat anchors  Very Happy

it is great to see some great backgrounds and myself I teach 11-14 year old kids and they love seeing my latest radio or some other cool object that might bring into the classroom . 
Sincerely Rich
Back to top Go down
ronnie667
Beginning Member

PostSubject: newbie on the block   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2020, 4:34 pm

Hi All my name is Ronnie I am a industrial electrician /electronics tech in wood wood industry by trade for last 39 years.
started out as television repair way back in early 70's.
always love to tinker with audio gear.
I am retiring in a few years and am getting in to restoring vintage record players and radio's tube and transistor.
I have a lot to learn and will glean all i can for all you fine folks wisdom.
Merry Christmas!
Back to top Go down
zandy1
Beginning Member

PostSubject: New Member from Oregon   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2020, 8:40 pm

Greetings!  I'm Andy from Corvallis, Oregon (Go Beavers) and very glad to be part of this forum.  I'm transitioning into retirement and have a collection of tube and transistor radio's that need some TLC.  I'm an electrical engineer by education, and have also had experience in other disciplines during my career with Hewlett-Packard.  My first job was designing bipolar microwave transistors, but after decades of working in other areas I am finding the need to re-learn a lot of electronics which is turning out to be a lot of fun.  I look forward to our future exchanges.
Back to top Go down
Gar
Beginning Member

PostSubject: New member from Arizona   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2020, 7:00 pm

Greetings,
My name is Gar and I live in central Arizona. Been working on and collecting boat anchors most of my life.
Currently collecting and restoring Hallicrafters general coverage and ham band receivers and transceivers.
Back to top Go down
jbwaddell17
Beginning Member

PostSubject: New + looking for help Grundig Konzertschrank 9088   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2020, 8:55 pm

My name is JB
I live in Vegas and I work in Lithography
I haven't worked on radios since I was a kid.
Today I inherited an old Grundig Konzertschrank 9088 and I want to get it back up and running.
I'm hoping that some folks on this site will have some information for me to learn from.
Thanks, JB
Back to top Go down
Lonney
Beginning Member

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2020, 5:39 pm

Hello everyone, I'm Lonney and really new to this whole thing that has really! turned into an adventure! it started about a year ago when i found my grandmas old philco radio (that sat on the kitchen table of her house for years as her and my granddad listened to talk radio and the Mariners Games my grandpa loved to listen to) in my moms basement. it did not work well the game was on when i took it home and did research on how to fix this thing!like i said about a year ago and 45 or so radios in my collection im still a greenhorn and anxious to learn all i can and perhaps tell of my stupid mistakes!!! LESSON ONE : DO NOT TOUCH THE INSIDE OF A TUBE RADIO PLUGGED IN OR NOT!!!! Please discharge the caps first .OK YOU ALL can STOP LAUGHING lol thanks for letting me share  and hope to learn something from each of you.and if you need a good chuckle ask me i've probably done some goofy thing again
Truly Lonney
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: New Member from Nova Scotia   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2019, 11:59 am

Hi everyone,

My name is Peter and I have been in the electronics industry for 41 years now and have always had an interest in antique tube radios and communications gear.
I have gathered up a lot of floor model and table top radios over the last ten years or so and try to work on them when I can...even with a career winding down and being an empty nester does not magically make more free time appear for some strange reason.

I love working on tube radios made from 1935 to 1948.  I do dabble in stuff from the 1920's as well plus more recently I have acquired some tube audio pre-amplifiers and power amplifiers and I must say I do like that tube sound...

My floobydust name comes from an audio handbook from National Semiconductor that was published in the mid 1970's...they had a section about bi-amplification and called it floobydust...now if I could only find that book again...and my avatar is a blue lobster in the Maxell chair since I live in Nova Scotia
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: New Member from Kansas City   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2019, 9:50 am

Your Real Name: first names only. Bruce
User Name: Why did you Decide on your username?Well it's pretty generic and didn't want to take too much time thinking about it.
Birthday:April 26
Interests:Always been interested in antiques as my mother was a dealer and I used to do a lot of refinishing for her. Lately I've been looking at a lot of old Philcos and bought a model 41-608 console (?) not sure of the correct terminology.  And most recently picked up a small tombstone table top model 1980 that looks pretty intact and would like to try and figure out the battery config.
Hobbies:Mostly I like to work on and restore my 1966 Plymouth Barracuda
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2019, 4:08 pm

Welcome to the following New Members:

kyndbo  20 Jan 2019

Tubehead 18 Jan 2019

bopritchard    05 Jan 2019

Pbert    04 Jan 2019

Microtouch 01 Jan 2019

We welcome you New Members aboard.

If you have questions and want help this is the place to be.

Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2018, 9:12 pm

Welcome to Dave and Carlos. Pull up a chair in front of your computer, we have a lot of information that will be of Help to you.
The more each member gets involved the more expertice we all gain. So Jump right in the fray as it were  study

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2018, 2:09 pm

Hi, my name is Carlos, I´m 49 (almost 50), I´m from Laboulaye (Córdoba, Argentina), I obtained my amateur radio licence at 13 years old, I used the club radios until I made a 80m transmiter ( AM, 100 W, two pushpull 1625 tubes, a real frankenstein, but worked fine, and a transistor receiver, I found the circuit in an ARRL handbook) I grew up, go to university and never renewed my licence, but I´m planning to do it soon. 
Recently an old friend give some old transceiver and generators I´ll try to restore and searching the web is how I ended here.

P.S. the name is because I´m a reenactor and that is the name of my persona.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2018, 8:31 pm

Frank is kind of close to Me, near Olympia WA.. Cool

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Members Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next