ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Where do I replace a fuse?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dpaslay
Beginning Member

Where do I replace a fuse?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do I replace a fuse?    Where do I replace a fuse?  I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2023, 1:07 pm

Great, thanks for the advice. I'll try that.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Where do I replace a fuse?    Where do I replace a fuse?  I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2023, 5:27 am

If you can solder that tiny wire rather than wrap it around the antenna core. That may make your reception better. The smaller winding is hooked to the oscillator and the winding that is longer is the RF  antenna its self.

Beginning Member

PostSubject: No fuse needed, radio works great   Where do I replace a fuse?  I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2023, 9:35 pm

Turns out there was nothing wrong with this radio! Youtube link below of the radio turning on and tuning. 

I found out it was simply the power connector inside that wasn't plugged in all the way properly. I did fix the dangling antenna coil rod thingy inside, accidentally broke one thin wire, but I just wrapped it around where it used to be soldered. 

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/WyGCUgw-kqo?feature=share
Back to top Go down
thebeavt
Beginning Member

PostSubject: Re: Where do I replace a fuse?    Where do I replace a fuse?  I_icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2023, 7:54 am

Good looking radio.
It looks like it'll sound really nice if you get it running. Good luck with it !
Back to top Go down
Eliot Ness
Beginning Member
Eliot Ness

PostSubject: Re: Where do I replace a fuse?    Where do I replace a fuse?  I_icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2023, 6:39 am

Ignore this post, it looks like Cliff already answered your questions.  Good luck!
Back to top Go down
dpaslay
Beginning Member

PostSubject: Re: Where do I replace a fuse?    Where do I replace a fuse?  I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2023, 9:11 pm

I have a little bit of experience with radios.

There's no power at all. So it's dead right now. Will a fuse replacement power it up?
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Where do I replace a fuse?    Where do I replace a fuse?  I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2023, 4:03 pm

Do you have experience in electronics?
do you hear a loud hum?
Do the tubes light up?

its a year 1967.

That wire wound rod is the antenna. The red arrow points to the oscillator variable section of the tuning capacitor. the empty tab is OK .

There is a fuse located just below the slanted watermark RADIO.
the description is 15 ohms and below it 20 ohms hot. Its marked as R37 so it may look like a resistor

sorry the schematic is fuzzy as It would not accept a pdf.
you can go to       www.radiomuseum.org 
with the name silvertone model 5020 or 5K 5020

Where do I replace a fuse?  Sears_11

Beginning Member

PostSubject: Where do I replace a fuse?    Where do I replace a fuse?  I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2023, 9:35 pm

Found this 1964 radio on the sidewalk, as I was looking at it, the previous owner who set it down on the sidewalk says to me "It's all yours, it just needs a new fuse", and he disappeared in a hurry back inside his apartment. So I took it home, opened up the unit to see if there was something that looked like a typical fuse, but of course I found nothing that did from what I know looks like a fuse.

Can anyone identify for me what might be a fuse to replace in the attached photos? Also, I put a red arrow on something that looks like a wire might need to attach to. There seems to be a rod like wire coil that has broken off some plastic bracket.

Where do I replace a fuse?  Screen10
Where do I replace a fuse?  Screen11
Where do I replace a fuse?  Screen12
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do I replace a fuse?    Where do I replace a fuse?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where do I replace a fuse?
Page 1 of 1