ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Heathkit SW-7800 questions/suggestions

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Heathkit SW-7800 questions/suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Heathkit SW-7800 questions/suggestions   Heathkit SW-7800 questions/suggestions I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2013, 3:16 pm

I'm hopefully going to upgrade my Hallicrafters S-120, but i'm not certain what i want to replace it with yet, but i'm kinda eyeballing a Heathkit SW-7800. I cant really find much info on it, besides its about 30 years old and it covers 100KHZ-30MHZ including LongWave reception, which does sound interesting. So my questions are, are they a good upgrade to an S-120, are they overall good general coverage receivers, and what are they worth in good working order? If they are not any good, what would be another general coverage receiver to get in the 100.00-170.00 price range? I'm mainly looking for a full size receiver, but a large portable will be fine as i like the option of using it on DC for a power outage.
Back to top Go down

Heathkit SW-7800 questions/suggestions
Page 1 of 1