ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Majestic 5A410 clone

Go down 
AuthorMessage
wildcat445
Technician
Technician
wildcat445

Majestic 5A410 clone Empty
PostSubject: Majestic 5A410 clone   Majestic 5A410 clone I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2017, 7:31 am

The index on this forum is really "busy".  I hope this is in the right spot.

I apologize for lack of pictures.  I have not figured out how to post pics yet, so we get to use our imaginations until I do....

Why would anybody give two hoots about a Majestic 5A410, you ask?  This chassis is used in the far more valuable Coke radio of 1949.  There are actually two versions of the 5A410 chassis.  The 5A410(a) has a 12AV6 miniature tube replacing the 12SQ7 in the first version.  My Coke radio has the "A" version of this chassis.

A few years back, a friend gave me the clone version of this radio, a Stark model 1020.  Stark information is fairly scarce and Riders only lists two models.  The model 1010 was a four tuber and the 1020 that I have is a five tube.  Mine is a surprisingly good performer.  It was missing the speaker and had an open primary in the audio output transformer when I got it.  The dial and the cabinet are dead wringers for the Majestic version.  The knobs are different and the chassis has five miniature tubes.  Actually, the clone Stark chassis is a better performer (at least mine is) than the Majestic.  My Coke radio is only so-so in the way of performance.  Both of my Majestic chassis would benefit from a good component-by-component going over. 

I'll try to get some pictures posted.
Back to top Go down

Majestic 5A410 clone
Page 1 of 1