ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Looking for radio and station info on this item...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

Looking for radio and station info on this item... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for radio and station info on this item...   Looking for radio and station info on this item... I_icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2018, 4:04 pm

No porblem.  Good luck!

ve1arn
ve1arn

PostSubject: Re: Looking for radio and station info on this item...   Looking for radio and station info on this item... I_icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2018, 3:46 pm

Hmmm.... maybe a phone chat with our local one here might help. Kinda busy this week, but I can see a call, or even maybe a visit to the station might be in order. Thanks again for the tip. Wink
Back to top Go down
19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

PostSubject: Re: Looking for radio and station info on this item...   Looking for radio and station info on this item... I_icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2018, 3:42 pm

There may be some broadcasters associations that have old timers in their membership that has an idea.

ve1arn
ve1arn

PostSubject: Re: Looking for radio and station info on this item...   Looking for radio and station info on this item... I_icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2018, 3:33 pm

I wondered about that too. Or maybe even contest giveaways. Maybe both and more? I really thought the station would have some history about these too.

I am sure someone, even a retiree from the station would have an idea about these. Oh well, it doesn't hurt to keep looking. I like adventures anyway. Smile
Back to top Go down
19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

PostSubject: Re: Looking for radio and station info on this item...   Looking for radio and station info on this item... I_icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2018, 3:29 pm

I wonder if they were giveaways for advertising clients so they could hear how their ads were going over?

ve1arn
ve1arn

PostSubject: Re: Looking for radio and station info on this item...   Looking for radio and station info on this item... I_icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2018, 3:15 pm

WOW! Shocked 

Different radio but the same station. That is cool! I actually never thought about Ebay for this.

Thanks a bunch! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

PostSubject: Re: Looking for radio and station info on this item...   Looking for radio and station info on this item... I_icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2018, 3:08 pm

When I see something like this, I do a quick search on Ebay to see what turns up.  Guess what came up?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wildcat445
Technician
Technician
wildcat445

PostSubject: Re: Looking for radio and station info on this item...   Looking for radio and station info on this item... I_icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2018, 5:38 am

I have a radio like that.  Not Canadian that I am aware of.  It is a pretty good radio with a weird tube complement.  The only gripe I have is the AM-FM selector slide switch is really cheap quality and gets dirty and intermittent on mine.  Mine is a decent performer for what it is.

Visit us at "classichificare.com"
Back to top Go down
ve1arn
ve1arn

PostSubject: Looking for radio and station info on this item...   Looking for radio and station info on this item... I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2018, 4:01 pm

Not a repair yet, so I'm posting this here. I have a Canadian General Electric AM/FM tube radio that I believe was a promo item for radio station CHFI in Toronto.

I contacted the station to see if they could provide any info on it, and came up empty. No one knew anything about it, so, I'm wondering if anyone here might have any history on this set.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I would like to have a bit of the history behind this radio to put on display with it after I get it working again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for radio and station info on this item...   Looking for radio and station info on this item... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for radio and station info on this item...
Page 1 of 1