ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Magnavox 1-ST648

Go down 
AuthorMessage
19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

Magnavox 1-ST648 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magnavox 1-ST648   Magnavox 1-ST648 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2018, 3:47 pm

My amplified FM antenna has been hobbled for the summer with the window A/C unit apparently too close to it.  I get strong Fm And MPX response now with it.

19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

Magnavox 1-ST648 Empty
PostSubject: Magnavox 1-ST648   Magnavox 1-ST648 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2018, 11:08 am

Thought I'd start a proper thread on this console.  I have gotten much of the dirt taken off of it, put a new needle on the changer, listened to some records as well as my favorite program Saturday night.  The FM drifts a little bit in the first 45 minutes of operation and the AM gets nothing but rush noise.  I am still researching replacement parts for it.  It looks like the transistors used in it were developed about 10 years before it was built in 1964.  Fortunately it looks like at least the ones I have gone through so far are covered by cross reference.  I'm trying to find capacitor assortments that would cover as many of the types used in this unit.  It's studded with them.  At least the turntable is right on speed and functions correctly, probably because the receiver is cool as a clam and doesn't cook the mechanism with radiant vacuum tube heat.

Magnavox 1-ST648
Page 1 of 1