ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Restor-A-Finish

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

Restor-A-Finish  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restor-A-Finish    Restor-A-Finish  I_icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2013, 1:25 pm

bounce

Restor-A-Finish  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restor-A-Finish    Restor-A-Finish  I_icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2013, 1:12 pm

Still not right! As I stated in my previous post, it should have a capital letter A in the title of the product. Once again: Restor-A-Finish.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

Restor-A-Finish  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restor-A-Finish    Restor-A-Finish  I_icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2013, 3:55 pm

I changed the title.

Restor-A-Finish  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restor-A-Finish    Restor-A-Finish  I_icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2013, 12:34 pm

Yes, it is the Howard. Incidentally, I originally misspelled this product's name. It should be Restor-A-Finish--no letter e on Restor and capital A. It is still incorrectly given in the title of the thread, however.
Back to top Go down

Restor-A-Finish  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restor-A-Finish    Restor-A-Finish  I_icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2013, 10:25 am

Is this the "Howards" brand? My local Ace & Tru-Value hardware stores carry it. A little goes a long way...YMMV
Mike
Back to top Go down

Restor-A-Finish  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restor-A-Finish    Restor-A-Finish  I_icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2012, 3:42 pm

Further update: I found Restor-a-Finish locally and at an amazingly lower price than I had been paying. I checked Home Depot's web site and learned that they have it at my store location (Mt. Pleasant, MI, about 30 miles south of my town. I couldn't believe the price: $8.67 for a full pint. . . ! I had been paying more than $9.00 for less than a half pint. No wonder the antiques store woman couldn't sell enough of it to continue carrying it.

Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

Restor-A-Finish  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restor-A-Finish    Restor-A-Finish  I_icon_minitimeMay 29th 2012, 1:53 pm

Cool I just went online and Ace has the lowest online price for $10.99 and that includes shipping and no tax. Even I will look into that myself.

Restor-A-Finish  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restor-A-Finish    Restor-A-Finish  I_icon_minitimeMay 27th 2012, 10:43 am

As an update to my previous post re Restore-a-Finish, unfortunately the antiques store from which I had been buying the product no longer carries it, because "it's too expensive to sell." The owner now carries only a refinishing wax product, of no interest to me. I guess it's true that, ultimately, all good things come to an end.
Back to top Go down

Restor-A-Finish  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restor-A-Finish    Restor-A-Finish  I_icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2012, 2:17 pm

Ace Hardware may be willing to special order it if they don't have it in stock, but they will simply include the extra shipping charges for hazardous material in the price to you. So you might just as well order it from Radio Daze or other sources of antique radio parts and restoring materials. I get it from an antiques store in my area.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

Restor-A-Finish  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restor-A-Finish    Restor-A-Finish  I_icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2012, 8:59 am

Might be able to special order it through Ace Hardware, as they have a complete paint section and are willing to order. They may have it in stock on second thought.

Restor-A-Finish  Empty
PostSubject: Restor-A-Finish    Restor-A-Finish  I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2012, 1:56 pm

I 've used Restore-a-Finish several times and have always been pleased and amazed at the results. It's great for cabinets that are grungy but fall short of needing a full refinishing job. Even if the finish has scratches, it will effectively get rid of them. Other great advantages: you don't need a brush to apply it, it dries almost immediately, it can be waxed if you wish after a short waiting period, and it';s available in several shades. Some may think it's costly (about $9.00 for a six-ounce container where I buy it in central Michigan) but, as with everything, you do get what you pay for, in this case excellent results. My first use of it was for with a Silvertone that had its original finish but looked awful owing to years of dirt and grime doing their number over the years. I had just about decided to do a stripping/refinishing job when I decided to give Restore-a-Finish a chance. The "work" took maybe 10 minutes and at the conclusion I couldn't believe my eyes at how beautiful that cabinet now looked. Try it, you'll like it. Only disadvantage I can think of: It's nonshippable by USPS, which means that if you can't find it locally you'll have to pay high Fedex charges to get it delivered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Restor-A-Finish  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restor-A-Finish    Restor-A-Finish  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Restor-A-Finish
Page 1 of 1