ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

The Superior, Model 670-A

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

The Superior, Model 670-A Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Superior, Model 670-A   The Superior, Model 670-A I_icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2015, 2:56 pm

Found a manual in zip file format. 
This web site is very reliable for downloads.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

May solve your questions.

Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: The Superior, Model 670-A   The Superior, Model 670-A I_icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2015, 1:38 pm

Try this:
Be sure and zero the meter first, with the meter off, there is a small plastic or metal slot screw on the very bottom of the meter movement in the center, that will adjust the pointer, it must position the pointer to the 0 mark.

When you have done that then turn on the meter and see if the pointer stays on the infinity mark. Next if not, there is an adjustment knob ( usually on the left side of the meter itself, maybe down a little bit) on the front for adjusting the pointer to infinity.
Once you have done that then short your two test leads to gather, the pointer should swing back to the zero mark. It also has another knob next to the meter, it is for setting the pointer to exactly zero. (Usually on the right of the meter movement)

You may have to do both adjustments twice to get the correct settings.

Read the color bands of the resistor, what are they?
Once you know what the printed value is then you have an idea of what the value should read.
It's funny that there is no multiplier either on the meter or the selector.

So hook up the resistor and use each resistance position of the switch, then as you move the selector watch the pointer and see what number it rests on.

An example would be a 120K ohm resistor for the test.
In the first position it should read on the infinity mark ( it's a sideways  8  ) or close to it.
In the second selector position, the meter pointer might point somewhere either, near center or one end or the other.
Note look at the number on the meter scale itself and see how close it is to an actual meter number, is it a multiple?
Such as 1.2 or 12 or 120 on the scale, the resistance is always read on the top scale be cause it's the resistance scale.
Now move the meter to the 3rd switch position, it should also show up close to the bottom number or a multiple of that number, .01 or .1 or 1.2 or 12 or 120 or 1200.
The meter number shown on the scale will be the reference to see where on the switch position the multiplier would be. 
It is usually X-1 for the lowest position then X-10 or X100 or X 1000. 
They are always a multiple. The math itself is times the number that shows on the scale. 
Meters were always the most accurate reading within one third of center position on either side of the center position. 

Hope this helps

PostSubject: The Superior, Model 670-A   The Superior, Model 670-A I_icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2015, 11:21 am

Hello,
        I have a Superior, Model 670-A VOM and it works great. This meter uses 3 ohm functions, a low a med and a high to read the resistance.
The meter never came with an owners manual. My question can someone tell me what range, low, med, high I should use to read a resistance value?
I have been playing around with some resistor values, and I can use the low function to read resistor values under 1K ohm.
I am not sure of the other functions.
Thank you kindly for any help!!!!
Have a good day!!
Dan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Superior, Model 670-A   The Superior, Model 670-A I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Superior, Model 670-A
Page 1 of 1