ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Tip for buying often used common parts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrankB
FrankB

Tip for buying often used common parts Empty
PostSubject: Tip for buying often used common parts   Tip for buying often used common parts I_icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2020, 12:04 am

A while back I needed some 1N4148 and 1N4007 diodes, along with some very special IC's. for a project.

I finally found the IC's- not real cheap, and asked if they carried other semi- conductors.
 The salesman said "Yes".
 So I got a quote on the diodes in quantities of 10 ea.
 Well they were what I thought expensive in small quantities. Crying or Very sad

I asked the price in 100 quantities. It was the same TOTAL!
 Yes, I got 100 ea. of the diodes for the same price as 10 ea. of them. Shocked Cool

So when ordering commonly used parts, always get a quote on larger quantities than you need. You can build up your stock of parts, often at no extra cost.

Another trick is for several folks to go and make a "Bulk Buy" on the parts.
 Order 500-1000 of the item. Resistor & Capacitor prices drastically drop in large quantities.
 Don't be afraid to ask the seller to "Wheel & Deal".
 This often works best towards the end of the month, when they have to meet a sales quota and may be behind.
Back to top Go down

Tip for buying often used common parts
Page 1 of 1