ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

A note on a "Tough Dog" Vert problem

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FrankB
FrankB

A note on a "Tough Dog" Vert problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A note on a "Tough Dog" Vert problem   A note on a "Tough Dog" Vert problem I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2020, 12:07 am

I do not remember the exact cause, too many years back, but likely it was.
Back to top Go down
Rod Clay
Technician
Technician
Rod Clay

PostSubject: Re: A note on a "Tough Dog" Vert problem   A note on a "Tough Dog" Vert problem I_icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2020, 10:32 pm

1. Was the problem heater-cathode leakage in that Zenith B&W CRT? I had a similar Zenith set back in the mid 1970s that I fixed up to use in my bedroom.

2. I got to thinking after reading your post that if we had this forum back in the mid to late 1980s I might have consulted you about color burst circuitry to help out an undergraduate student with her class project. I was a graduate student back then at Memphis State University. I just had a vague understanding of how the color burst circuit works and couldn't be much help. Back then the VCR was king and she wanted to be able to use the color burst signal (or lack there of) to prevent commercials from being recorded off air. Something about the fact that commercials back then didn't have consistent, stable color signals like regular programming. That's what I remember anyway. 

73, Roderick  WB6FBF
Back to top Go down
FrankB
FrankB

PostSubject: A note on a "Tough Dog" Vert problem   A note on a "Tough Dog" Vert problem I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2020, 6:37 pm

The first TV repair shop I worked in had a set that vexed the store owner, the outside tech, and the bench tech. (Myself- I was a roustabout at that time).

They all fought that set for close to 2 weeks.
 Finally the bench tech found the problem- leakage in the CRT Shocked Shocked.

I have never seen that problem since either. It was a Zenith 17" B&W set.

He had a brainstorm and hooked up the CRT from another set to the chassis and the vertical problem went away. A replacement CRT sent the set home to the owner. cheers

That was 50+ years ago. It was so odd a problem, I never forgot it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A note on a "Tough Dog" Vert problem   A note on a "Tough Dog" Vert problem I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A note on a "Tough Dog" Vert problem
Page 1 of 1