ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Washing machine problem- Motor runs- no wash.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chas
Technician
Technician
chas

Washing machine problem- Motor runs- no wash. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Washing machine problem- Motor runs- no wash.   Washing machine problem- Motor runs- no wash. I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2020, 4:38 pm

My old G-E had that kind of coupling and a goofy clutch. I had nursed that machine for some 30 years, motors, relays, timers, gear boxes and the goofy floating tub gasket.... Finally gave up when the porcelain tub rusted out. Now have a Maytag Perfoma. It to has had its share of clutches, timers, motor and pump. But it still works but the pump is now getting louder and louder, I think the non-servicable bearing is giving out. I expect that it will spring a leak when it does. The last time the pump failed with that rumble noise chunks came away from the cheeks of the drive pulley, strange, it made continuous thump-like rattles when the chip out in the pulley engaged the belt every 1/2 turn...

I hate to buy a new washer with electronics, the rule with those is when they fail the brain is big bux if not obsolete...

I have been lucky finding dishwashers with mechanical timers, so far...
Back to top Go down
FrankB
FrankB

Washing machine problem- Motor runs- no wash. Empty
PostSubject: Washing machine problem- Motor runs- no wash.   Washing machine problem- Motor runs- no wash. I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2020, 9:17 pm

I had a washing machine that quit moving anything, but had a rattle noise, like the gear box stripped out. Heck, it was only 50 years old.  Rolling Eyes Beautiful avacado green.

We partially disassembled it and got it out of the house. We installed Jillian's one from the storage.
 I scrapped out my old one only to find the gear box was good, and the problem was the shaft coupling from the motor to the gearbox. (Shoulda checked that first, but never had worked on a washing machine). It didn't look broken until you ran the motor and saw the shaft wallowing out the plastic of the coupling.

A month later Jillian's machine made the same noise.  AHA!

I had saved the good parts of the broken coupling and just put them in the machine. 11 years later, still doing fine.
 A new part was only $25.00. But late Sunday nite, few appliance parts places are open & we had a load of wet laundry in the machine.
Back to top Go down

Washing machine problem- Motor runs- no wash.
Page 1 of 1