ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Need a Password generator?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ve1arn
ve1arn

Need a Password generator? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need a Password generator?   Need a Password generator? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2021, 8:02 am

I've been using a password manager for my sites. Keepass. But there are a few others out there, so shop around for one that would suit you. It can use a password you want, or generate one for you. All my sites have passwords no less than 25 characters which can take time to type in correctly, let alone remember.  Very Happy

This way, I only need to remember one password. The one for the manager. And just hope you don't forget that one, or you're lost as even the Keepass folks can't help you. It's stored in my cloud folder so I can access it from any of my computers. And with the password I have for the manager, I am pretty sure it would take a long while to crack it. And, while it might not be the best thing todo, I also have a printout of the data, just in case. And that is well hidden away in the house.

I just like the idea of copy and paste for user names and passwords. Other folks might feel otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Need a Password generator?   Need a Password generator? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2021, 11:56 am

In fact I know about  FireFox, I do use it all the time. However to level the playing field for those who don't use FireFox Have an avenue use.
Also What if FireFox like some other Bowsers Bit the Dust.( I don't think that will Happen though.)  Then you certainly would have another avenue.
Another one Is Nortons, but I couldn't get that one to work for me.

Technician
Technician
chas

PostSubject: Re: Need a Password generator?   Need a Password generator? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2021, 9:17 am

Cliff, The later editions of Firefox have this password generator built in. It "automagically" appears when an initial password is requested. I have used it occasionlly but find my own pseudo-random keypresses are better.

I save a copy of the password and other data (like passphrases) associated with the site to a file on the desktop under a nested sub directories. I copy this file from time to time to the other computers in my home. Though somewhat risky, I find it is a solution to slips of paper or a "Black Book"...  chas
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Need a Password generator?   Need a Password generator? I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2021, 6:36 pm

Here's one that you can use just numeric, Alpha-numeric etc. (just used it in this in the current topic here)

Also, the choice as to the number of characters to generate.

For your security they remain on the Website, so You cannot download, but you can copy into Word, WordPad, Notebook, Excel and those that can copy any of the above, even a paper and pencil will do.

Also the choice as to the number of characters to generate.

study  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

OR
Click Here.

Last edited by Cliff Jones on February 15th 2021, 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a Password generator?   Need a Password generator? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need a Password generator?
Page 1 of 1