ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Rewiring the filaments in a Hallicrafters S-120

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

Rewiring the filaments in a Hallicrafters S-120 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rewiring the filaments in a Hallicrafters S-120   Rewiring the filaments in a Hallicrafters S-120 I_icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2021, 11:01 am

That's a good thing for our members to know. Thanks for your Hint and Tips.

Technician
Technician
Rod Clay

Rewiring the filaments in a Hallicrafters S-120 Empty
PostSubject: Rewiring the filaments in a Hallicrafters S-120   Rewiring the filaments in a Hallicrafters S-120 I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2021, 7:45 am

I decided on modifying my S-120 after blowing out the panel lamps one too many times. A bad 880/100 Ohm glowbar resistor had been replaced with a 125 Ohm wire wound job a while back leading to a blowout situation of one of the number 47 panel lamp bulbs when the set was turned on at full line voltage (115V-117V). I rewired the tube filaments for 12V operation, added a 12.6V 1 A filament transformer mounted on top of the chassis between the filter cap and the output transformer. I also replaced the 50C5 output stage with a 12AQ5. The results justified the changes. The set now has a much faster warm up time (10 to 12 seconds) and no more lamp blowouts!
73, Rod   WB6FBF
Back to top Go down

Rewiring the filaments in a Hallicrafters S-120
Page 1 of 1