ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Introduction

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FrankB
FrankB

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction I_icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2023, 12:24 am

Welcome Radiolala.
Being a collector of paper, I might have the schematic for it, if Nostalgia Aire does not.
Many of us old timers have stashes of parts too. 

Just ask for what you need. help or parts and we will do out best to assist you.
Back to top Go down
radiolala
Beginning Member

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Delaware!   Introduction I_icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2023, 6:26 pm

Hi all, I'm here because I picked up a Radiola 18 and RCA 103, and am looking forward to catching up with all of you about it!
Back to top Go down
radiorich
Beginning Member
radiorich

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction I_icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2023, 5:53 pm

hello matt,
Welcome !!
radios is a great winter project and do you know the make and model even a good photo so we can help you .

Sincerely Richard
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2023, 7:49 pm

Welcome, Matt. We have standing rules of courtesy. No Politics or Religion or bad language. (We have had no problems with those points.)

study There a lot of free books (PDFs) online that will give you step by step instructions. They cover just about everything related to electronics. The main old publishers are Sams, Beitmans and Riders.
Heres a link that you can look at and even download them all. Click on this link --->.   A small selection of the over 1000 books +

Keep this in mind when you start to repair old radios is replace all the capacitors Electrolytic and Paper there are other capacitors that can stay but they are usually in the RF and IF sections of the radio.
Do Not plug in the radio to find out if it works especially the power transformer types as you would have a hard time replacing the power transformer when it's coils are burned up.

We have a great Friendly Membership so don't hesitate to ask, there are no Dumb Questions.

Beginning Member

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Introduction   Introduction I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2023, 8:32 am

Hello, 

My name is Matt, I am an analytical chemist currently, and hobbies include any outdoor activity and working on antique cars. For winter projects, stumbled into old radios, and purchased one that is not working.
So as a newbie with little electronic background, I am sure I will be asking some newbie questions which am sure will be giving the pro's a  Rolling Eyes reaction! But hope to be guided thru my learning process. Thanks to all in advance, and am so glad to have found this site..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduction
Page 1 of 1