ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Amazon phone scam + Credit Card security

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ve1arn
ve1arn

Amazon phone scam + Credit Card security  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon phone scam + Credit Card security    Amazon phone scam + Credit Card security  I_icon_minitimeJune 25th 2023, 6:07 am

I've had my share of these over the years. Though, happily, not as many as a lot of other people I know.

Not sure about you folks, but these days, I get numerous calls about surveys that I am starting to wonder about. We never get to know who is conducting them, yet they want to know my personal opinions om subjects. They also assure me that the survey info is anonymous. Really? They have yet to prove to me how it can be anonymous when they have my phone number.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Amazon phone scam + Credit Card security    Amazon phone scam + Credit Card security  I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2023, 11:38 am

I have over 10 notices about security breaches in the last year.
Phone calls are usually a ploy. Most companies will send a notice by mail rather than phone.

I have had bogus phone, power and company alerts, from imitators saying, my service will be or has been suspended.
My security with retirement was compromised notice by mail (Legitimate).

Two banks (both sent Me letters), which I didn't belong. One notifying of a card transaction so to call and accept or deny. (it was a transaction for a car purchase). Talking to them if they could they tell me who it was. Hah! they were not very helpful.
If something comes up I verify the address and phone # by the online yellow or white pages.

I had someone called and ask at 6AM if I was me and the also my phone # and address. Then they asked me if I had recently changed my social security #.  I said a long time ago. I was alert by the time I had come to my senses from waking up. And hung up the phone.  PST! I called the credit reporting agency ( One of three that are all connected to gather.) In the process of credit locking reports on my name and My social security Number. I think some Hacker getting me to reveal my information so I hung up the Phone and told him "your nothing but Hacker or scam artist!"
I also now see the phony callers fake phone number on my display. Also I have a leave a message to Identify themselves (which is a bonus from the phone company) and I get 3 rings at most on those calls.

I did get my credit card number used to buy 3 Microsoft Play Stations. I notified my financial company that wasn't a legitimate purchase. So I was required to file a complaint with the Police.

Because It was major Credit Card (Visa.) I was informed once  the complaint was investigate and depending on the results I would be reimbursed.

I called Microsoft about the transaction but they gave Me the runaround.
On the last Post card I got from some company Which baffled me I was now in a class action Lawsuit. So if I wanted to drop out I could do nothing and sue them on my own rather than the Class of Victims.
The mentioned if I wanted to be represented then I would get a settlement of $25 and the attorneys
Get several Million Dollars (a windfall for them and a pittance for us). DUH!

Be ALERT Please!

FrankB

PostSubject: Amazon phone scam + Credit Card security    Amazon phone scam + Credit Card security  I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2023, 1:41 am

I have received 3 text messages in the last 3 days saying my Amazon account was suspended. If I had replied, I am sure they would have wanted acct. number password, bank info etc.
 THE STUFF YOU SHOULD NEVER GIVE OUT TO ANYONE! 

Amazon never sends text messages unless it is a shipping conf.

I called Amazon and reported this.

Calls "originated" from a number in WA state. Beware: The phone scammers are getting really good at spoofing phone numbers.

IT'S A SCAM!!!

I also got a call from my bank stating my credit card info had been hacked . They were unable to tell me what business had the security breach.
I immediately requested the card to be cancelled and a new one issued.

It is horrible that scumbags must screw things up got the honest people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amazon phone scam + Credit Card security    Amazon phone scam + Credit Card security  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amazon phone scam + Credit Card security
Page 1 of 1