ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

WARNING! Demolition Charges in Some WW2 Mil Surp Equipment

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrankB
FrankB

WARNING! Demolition Charges in Some WW2  Mil Surp Equipment Empty
PostSubject: WARNING! Demolition Charges in Some WW2 Mil Surp Equipment   WARNING! Demolition Charges in Some WW2  Mil Surp Equipment I_icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2023, 9:43 pm

NOT A JOKE. 

In some pieces of WW2 radio equipment there were demolition charges left in them when surplused out. They were installed to keep the intact equipment out of enemy hands.

There was an article I read on this over 50 years ago warning about DOD making a major screw up and selling off surplus equipment with LIVE DEMOLITION CHARGES IN IT.
 It was either receivers or transmitters, I honestly do not remember.

So if you acquire a WW2 piece of equipment, it is worth looking under the chassis for anything that looks suspicious.

If you find something you can't identify, call your local DOD Ordinance BDU and have them verify it is, or is not a demolition charge.

To my knowledge, no one was ever killed from one of these charges, so please don't become the first one.
Back to top Go down

WARNING! Demolition Charges in Some WW2 Mil Surp Equipment
Page 1 of 1