ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Last of Dec.2013 notes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

Last of Dec.2013 notes Empty
PostSubject: Last of Dec.2013 notes   Last of Dec.2013 notes I_icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2013, 9:59 pm

Well the Days of winter are surely upon us. I have on my work bench a cap checker that I have been waiting to get at. I just ordered the parts from Just Radios, and the delivery from Canada was very quick considering the Holiday season. I ordered Two non-electrolytic caps 630 volts, and several 1 watt resistors from 1 megohm up to 50 megohms (5-each in fact). Now I will replace those and do some serious wire tracing. I have low voltage from something. Even the 1Meg resistor in the eye-tube. The search goes on!!!!!I hope every one had a Christmas filled with many blessings. I and the wife didn't have a Christmas Tree this year as it got Lost, Storage Murfyism I suppose. So We just put up a small Christmas village, and a big Angel on my Philco Console. And strung one strand of colored LEDs in the Kitchen. I gave my wife $200 and said to use it anyway She wanted so it went for Grandchildrens gifts. We have had to scrape by with Medical Bills taking close to 1/4 of my retirement. So It was kinda tight. We had my Dad over For Christmas, He's 94 years young. I bought a 3# turkey breast and a 4# sliced Ham, had Cranberries, mashed sweet potatoes with brown sugar and molasses and walnuts. Of course mashed potatoes and gravy. Easy to fix.

My google spell checker is refusing to work, so that's whey you will find errors. All My best wishes for all you Radio Repair-collector Guys and Ladies, for the coming Year.
 santa rendeer

Last of Dec.2013 notes
Page 1 of 1