ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

RCA service Notes 1936

Go down 
AuthorMessage

RCA service Notes 1936 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RCA service Notes 1936   RCA service Notes 1936 I_icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2017, 2:23 pm

Wow! Thank you Cliff. I don't have the 243 in front of me yet. I've seen it recently and recall that it seems my Dad removed a tube (I'm not sure which one until I can see the radio again) and put, I think, a capacitor to one of the tube socket pins. So I'll be checking all the service notes after 1935. I've no idea what this did at the moment, but I know this would have been done before I was even 5 years old and the radio worked for at least 30 years like it is. My first guess, knowing my Dad, is that being frugal, he rebuilt this to eliminate one of the push-pull amp tubes. Offhand can't think of any of the other tubes that could have been eliminated.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

RCA service Notes 1936 Empty
PostSubject: RCA service Notes 1936   RCA service Notes 1936 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2017, 11:47 am

Here's a REFERENCE Book That has everything in RCA Radios, Pictures of Sets, Parts, Schematics, technical instruction, alignment, operational instructions covering from 1923 to 1936.

Click Here For Service Notes in PDF

I sure am saving this on my Computer!

Found some More:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

RCA service Notes 1936
Page 1 of 1