ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

My First Radio Forum

Go down 
AuthorMessage
19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

My First Radio Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: My First Radio Forum   My First Radio Forum I_icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2017, 1:39 pm

Brunswick units always have superior cabinetry.  That was their drawing card.

19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

PostSubject: Re: My First Radio Forum   My First Radio Forum I_icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2017, 12:44 pm

Also, an individual hard copy of a schematic diagram for a radio can be costly.  When I started out I invested in one of these DVD's and I can print diagrams as needed for whichever radio I should find.  Your radio is in Beitmans, Vol.1, Pg. 167.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Riders-Beitmans-Manuals-50-VOLUMES-OF-RADIO-SCHEMATICS-in-HIGH-RESOLUTION-/140640257885?hash=item20bed0075d:g:SR4AAOSw0kNXg8im

19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

PostSubject: Re: My First Radio Forum   My First Radio Forum I_icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2017, 12:35 pm

This unit is a bit older than the ones I collect.  I did some research on it and found it is actually a Radiola 18, RCA having made many of Brunswick's early offerings.  Without pictures it is difficult to tell exactly what the component is that is in question.  From the schematic diagram, which only shows the in cabinet wiring, the antenna input appears to be fed to the radio's circuitry through a variable resistor.

PostSubject: My First Radio Forum   My First Radio Forum I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2017, 2:26 am

Hello, Just call me Shawneefolks! I picked up a Brunswick 5KR with matching Type A Speaker at an auction just last week.
Dusted off the case, plugged in the cord, let it warm up, and to my surprise the attached speaker began to hum and sputter.
I retired 2 years ago from the Marion, Illinois Veteran's Hospital.
This is my first radio project and my background is not in electronics.
The antenna wires attached to the box were cracked and bare in sections. What I call an impedance transformer was also semi attached.
I saved this part but had to cut the wires about a foot from the radio box.
My question is: How do I configure the new antenna wire leads to include the old impedance transformer, or do you all have a better suggestion as to how to pick up my local AM stations.
Thank You
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My First Radio Forum   My First Radio Forum I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My First Radio Forum
Page 1 of 1