ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Zenith 5D611

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

Zenith 5D611 Empty
PostSubject: trend micro   Zenith 5D611 I_icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2023, 5:39 pm

Do you have windows 8 or 10 if so it should work on the instructions.

Do you have admin rights?

If so do a click on Control alternate delete = CTRL-ALT-DEL keys all at once then you will get acess to the task manager. It will asks for permission click yes. 
It will show a list of a lot of operations going on.
Stay on the first tab. It will show what programs you have running. Click on Trend Micro, then move your cursor to the bottom and the is a button that says end task. Click on that and It SHOULD stop that program from running. Then close the task manager.

Go to the search bar at the bottom of the screen in the left bottom corner and type in delete. It will show several options of delete for internet howto's and several choices of alternative programs on your computer. Click on the top one and / or the sidebar on the right with choices so pick the little button with an arrow that on the side says open. then it will display all of your APPS And features. Click on trend mico and click on unistall.

That should work. If not, at least do the Task Manager and then switch to one of the others I mentioned below.

there are alternatives that should work also such as CCleaner  or so such as Glary utilities. If Im correct they also should have delete programs. You just have to search them choices.

Technician
Technician
wildcat445

Zenith 5D611 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zenith 5D611   Zenith 5D611 I_icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2023, 7:50 am

Thanks, Cliff.  My virus protection won't let me in there and won't let me override it.  I use Trend Micro, which is beyond effective for somebody prone to going where they shouldn't.  It will even kick me out of my ACP on my forum if it and the two-factor authentication get tangled up.  If I try to override my virus protection, I get the big "red screen' and it will lock up my computer.

Visit us at "classichificare.com"
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

Zenith 5D611 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zenith 5D611   Zenith 5D611 I_icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2023, 12:00 pm

download the do it yourself instruction on making IF cans.
A lot of info you may be able to use. Its not an secure web page, but there are only instructions 
but you will get a warning from your virus detector, that is not safe, Ignore that and at least look at it there it has no downloads. I just Printed out the instructions. It has Diagrams on how to built them and showing calculations instruction for frequency, Inductance, CAPACITANCE. and such.

http://sm0vpo.altervista.org/blocks/if-txfmr_tube_00.htm

Technician
Technician
wildcat445

Zenith 5D611 Empty
PostSubject: Zenith 5D611   Zenith 5D611 I_icon_minitimeOctober 12th 2023, 8:31 pm

I've been trying to sort this chassis, and am almost there.  This radio has been tinkered with by someone who knew not what they were doing.  It had a dead 12K7 If amp.  I recapped it and checked all the resistors.  The AVC resistor was replaced, but it didn't help anything.  The main issue with this radio after I got it recapped and figured out what I had is that it has the typical Zenith birdies.  It would squeal like a bobcat in a buzzsaw in between stations.  The problem I have not been able to figure out is that this set is weak at the high end of the dial, above 1000khz or so.  It plays pretty well on the lower end with good sensitivity, tone and volume.  The antenna trimmer on the tuning cap is very finicky.  You can almost peak the trimmer, when it shorts out and kills the signal.  I really believe this trimmer is the secret to this condition.  I think it needs to be taken apart and cleaned.  I have never done that.  How do I figure out what the capacitance of the trimmer is?  Would adding say 50pf of additional capacitance in series with the trimmer get me closer to alignment?  How many mica strips should be in this trimmer?  It seems like the IF alignment on this chassis is uber-critical.  I had to do it several times to get rid of the oscillation.  This AA5 chassis has given me more grief than larger sets.  Does anyone have a suggestion where to start or what I might be overlooking?

Visit us at "classichificare.com"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zenith 5D611 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zenith 5D611   Zenith 5D611 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zenith 5D611
Page 1 of 1